DIY hob fuge. Revertable

Joshifer

I know this is nothing new. But the way others do it. Once they chop they're media basket up. It can't be reverted back to the way it used to be. Plus a lot of glues and mess.

This way will cost you $10 and that includes the light.

So. Go to Walmart. In the arts and craft section they have white sheets of plastic. ($2) Their for needle point. It's basically a white plastic sheet with holes in it. Then go to the car/boating section. They have waterproof. Salt proof. LED strips with self adhesive on the back. And can be cut to size ($5.99)

Cut your plastic sheet to fit across the return flow of your Aqua clear. (Any model). The media basket will hold it in place. That will keep the macro in.

Cut your led strip to fit on the inside of the Aqua clear hood. Peel back the tape and stick it on. (Wire facing your right side)

Now these don't come with a power supply. Just grab an old extension cord and cut it. Connect the 2 wires to the 2 wires you just spliced. (Separately and unplugged duh). Put some electrical tape over them. Or those little twist caps. And voila. Instant fuge. With hidden light. Turn it on low flow mode. Circulates the water more before exiting.

I don't have cheato yet so I'm just gonna put some felt filter floss ($1 a yard at Joanne's lasts forever). And the stock sponge. (Which I plan on throwing away soon because their nitrate factories.)

And if you ever wanna go back to the original. Just take the chaeto out. You can keep the white grid it'll hold larger crud from going back into the DT.

If your worried about food and large junk going into the filter with the chaeto. Fluval makes this little black foam intake cover for the edge. It's $2.99 fits all Aqua clear intakes. Have fun guys !