Finished my stand for my 120 48x24

Lowefx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I aquascaped a little bit. I'm 2 weeks into the Zeovit cycle, so it's safe to add livestock. In went a blonde naso and a cleaner wrasse. I still gotta get a clean up crew and a few more things. Doing it slowly is what I've learned

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cleaner wrasse in an empty fresh tank ? :ohmy:

Blone naso tang, cleaner shrimp, and fighting conch snail to start it off. More to come slowley...

Did you mean cleaner wrasse or cleaner shrimp?  labroides wrasse?

I think Seth said what he said because the cleaner wrasse typically doesn't do well in captivity and are kind of frowned upon by lots of folks as pets because they serve a valuable function on the reef but are typically doomed in our tanks.

Did you mean cleaner wrasse or cleaner shrimp? labroides wrasse?

I think Seth said what he said because the cleaner wrasse typically doesn't do well in captivity and are kind of frowned upon by lots of folks as pets because they serve a valuable function on the reef but are typically doomed in our tanks.

I forgot to type cleaner wrasse too. It's in there to help maintain other tank mates in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

He is super thin and is not very active. He won't eat food, or pick at the tang. I dot know how to help him.

Update-the other day I swapped 50% of my zeolites, 20g water change, and brought dKA to 8.2, Mg to 1260, CA to 450, phos-.03, nitrate 5.

Everything is happy with polyps out. My acans still seem a little flat, but the Wilsoni is doing great. I also added a bunch of coral a few days ago. I'm starting to get another brown algae breakout, probably because I'm running my MH lights for the full 4 hours. I hope it goes away in a week.6df10454593f696c98ab013014baaa84.jpg18405f172d8bc1da95015cad3387761e.jpg538a024b3149d689afcb2692d3b27d7f.jpge26ac3d505042b7a41b4744822ae5740.jpg1a83f4b8c17f75685e8354085fff373e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is that the 48.5 x 24.5 tank? If it is, can you tell me the lengths of your 2 x 4 frame pieces?

• 3 weeks later...

Is that the 48.5 x 24.5 tank? If it is, can you tell me the lengths of your 2 x 4 frame pieces?

Sorry for the delay. 2x4 are measured exactly to the 48.5 so go by 24.5 also. I used pocket screws to secure the 2x4s together. When I mounted the skin, I brought it up over the black trim piece, then secured the crown molding shelf to it. Let me know if you need more details.

Zeovit set up is working great.

2010d71bc8a93b222dde4d4405cdc707.jpg

f1a42e67158a45f285d20aaaf15d1dd7.jpg

8f2d9aa3405247b577f27a27e237ae2d.jpg

My Naso is lonely, looking for inexpensive, clean fish friends! Preferably from other breakdowns.

Thanks for the info! I still haven't built my stand, and have to get my tank moved from friend's house asap, because he had to put it outside to make garage space for 2 new motorcycles (one is a BMW and it's amazing; I didn't know they made motorcycles).

Well if you want to sell it, I know someone looking for one. Only if it's a center overflow.

So what happened to the cleaner wrasse? I would observe the tank at night and watch for sweeper tentacles as some acans can have them around 6" long and can really cause some damage if underestimated and placed close to other corals. 

Cleaner wrasse didn't make it. It starved :-( so the tang is the only fish for now. Im looking for affordabke fish from tank break downs.... The acans aren't too bad but my Galaxy and playtagyra tenticals are around 3" at night. I have to be careful with them.

Cleaner wrasse didn't make it. It starved

Sorry to hear this.  But yah fish with niche diets have no place in freshly setup tanks.

Some other fish in this same category are:

• leopard wrasses
  • dragonettes
  • filefish
  • cleaner wrasses
  • copperband butterflies
  • sea robins/sea moths

I would wait at least 6-8 months before adding any of these to a tank. 

I would recommend if you want something that will clean your tangs is get a couple cleaner shrimp.  They are super easy to keep and super hearty.

Edited by sethsolomon

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to rehome 3-4 female anthias, clown, and wrasses from a local breakdown. I just gotta catch people at the right time and hopefully they don't want store prices!

• 1 month later...