Light.

Joshifer

dfa6604279b393cdf0ed16f1c71cc257.jpg0dcd06b262c0bfce040c181c9660c761.jpg

Thoughts? And does anyone wanna buy me this as a birthday gift? lol. I think it'll work great on my nano. It's small and I love that it looks like an apple product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is kind of harsh, and I'm sure you're a good guy, but dude, you are way ahead of yourself. Especially if you're considering buying the Mic Mol light but don't have the $20 to become a member.  Do you really feel like it's a good use of everyone's time to give you lots of advice in your extremely tight financial circumstances other than that this hobby is not right for you no matter how much you want it to be?

BTW, if you were a member you could look at a whole nano setup that someone is selling in the WTB forum which has exactly that light, plus a beauty of an ADA tank including a powerhead and big HOB skimmer all for around the same price as that light new...

I don't know either of these personally, Josh. But the first looks like it gives you more flexibility. You'll have to get a mounting arm for it, though. Regarding the second, I'd be afraid that that flex arm would rust something awful over a saltwater tank. But, again, I don't have personal experience with it.

Josh, everyone here is happy to help you.  We have all been through a dozen tanks and want to share our experiences with others.  We don't want them to repeat our mistakes and kill a lot of fish by learning the hard way.  

Please be open to the help everyone wants to give you.  Sometimes we may sound too abrupt or harsh, but it is with good intent.  If you don't like the tone of a member, just brush it off and keep reading and asking more questions.  I think you'll enjoy your time here.

Josh, everyone here is happy to help you. We have all been through a dozen tanks and want to share our experiences with others. We don't want them to repeat our mistakes and kill a lot of fish by learning the hard way.

Please be open to the help everyone wants to give you. Sometimes we may sound too abrupt or harsh, but it is with good intent. If you don't like the tone of a member, just brush it off and keep reading and asking more questions. I think you'll enjoy your time here.

You've also been a help to me. I don't mind being scolded about rushing or whatever. He practically insulted me by telling me I'm poor in pretty words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brush it off man, some people are just like that and nobody can tell you this hobby is not for you because of your financial status,heck I'm running a 50 gallon full reef tank with less then $50 every 4 months prob more I would become a member but I'm tight and reading what others have done has helped me a ton i may not contribute in cash but I do help out every now and then to other memebrrs. I learned with this hobby make do with what you have and what you don't u can always build :) so stick around pop in from time to time like I do.

Happy Reefing✌

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Josh, I would second that. While you do need a little up front cash. With the right choices you can run a very frugal reef with good success. The key to this hobby is not money. It's patients and stability. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Joshifer,

I'm sorry I caused offense with my post.  You're right that I was assuming you were poor, but wrong about any negative judgement about your bank account I intended by the post.  I have no judgement against people who don't have a lot of money.  I am emphatically not passing judgement on anyone for not being rich.  It has no bearing on whether or not you're a good person or whether or not you're welcome here.  Please don't take offense about my assumption that you lack cash.  

The point I was trying to make was that reefing is hazardous to the bank account.  I know it from personal experience.  I got myself into financial trouble with my tank in the past and have seen numerous examples from these forums of it happening to people over the years, and intended my post as a caution to you, not trying to judge you or make you feel like you didn't belong here.  

From your recent posts it sounded like you were trying to do it frugally, which is great, but difficult and frustrating and, in many circumstances I've seen, not likely to end well.  More power to you if you do it, though.

Point is, I hope you succeed with your small reef, and I also hope you don't make the same mistakes I did (and many others have) by letting reef purchases get ahead of your ability to meet your other obligations in life.

I accept your apology. I only get frugal and DIY when my weekly play money is exhausted. Everything my aunt purchased I repaid her for. (About $500) So I'm not looking for hand outs.

Only thing I asked for on here was coral skeletons which are pretty much worthless trash. Which I don't want anymore I don't wanna clutter the tank.

I still won't post on here tho. I agree I ask too many questions and waste people's time.