Stock my B**** up!

Joshifer

This ought to give you a good idea as far as numbers of each for a 6g pico:

https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/quick-crew-5-5-gallon

Only thing is the nerites are the ones that tend to wander out of the tank for the first week or two (until they get their new home 'mapped out').  Might want to skip them and go with an Astraea or two (from somewhere else) instead. While I do find the my nerites to be just a tad more efficient at keep the rocks and glass clean, my astraeas do a great job too and I wouldn't think of having a tank without them.

Edited by malacoda

Six gallons!!!   Can I make some playful jokes at you??

Does the six gallon volume include the volume of your pipes and tubes, (i.e. did you start out with 2 gallons)?

Are you sure two clowns can fit in 6 gallons?  Oh, yeah... you said you've got a very small hole at the top, so you'll be okay there.

Why not just use your 6 gallon tank as a quarantine tank for your 65?  One neon goby at a time.

What do you use for topoff,  A shot glass?

Are you going to add two part by the drop?  Oh, no, you can just do a 100% daily water change.  It'll cost about 50 cents.

In addition to the clowns, I'd think you could add enough invertebrates to double the bio load.  Like maybe half a dozen rotifers.

OK, this is getting a little silly and not so funny.  I just have a hard time imagining what it takes to maintain a 6 gallon tank.  

Good luck, I'm sure it will turn out to be beautiful.  All this was meant tongue in cheek, please don't take it wrong.

This ought to give you a good idea as far as numbers of each for a 6g pico:

https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/quick-crew-5-5-gallon

Only thing is the nerites are the ones that tend to wander out of the tank for the first week or two (until they get their new home 'mapped out'). Might want to skip them and go with an Astraea or two (from somewhere else) instead. While I do find the my nerites to be just a tad more efficient at keep the rocks and glass clean, my astraeas do a great job too and I wouldn't think of having a tank without them.

That's like 16 snails

Six gallons!!! Can I make some playful jokes at you??

Does the six gallon volume include the volume of your pipes and tubes, (i.e. did you start out with 2 gallons)?

Are you sure two clowns can fit in 6 gallons? Oh, yeah... you said you've got a very small hole at the top, so you'll be okay there.

Why not just use your 6 gallon tank as a quarantine tank for your 65? One neon goby at a time.

What do you use for topoff, A shot glass?

Are you going to add two part by the drop? Oh, no, you can just do a 100% daily water change. It'll cost about 50 cents.

In addition to the clowns, I'd think you could add enough invertebrates to double the bio load. Like maybe half a dozen rotifers.

OK, this is getting a little silly and not so funny. I just have a hard time imagining what it takes to maintain a 6 gallon tank.

Good luck, I'm sure it will turn out to be beautiful. All this was meant tongue in cheek, please don't take it wrong.

Lol. I've done it before. It's actually fun. Sometimes I regretted going from small to large

That's like 16 snails I think that's over kill lol. The wandering ones have no way of getting out it's completely sealed except a small hole at top which has a hood. But thanks for the general idea. I'd cut that crew down to maybe 6.

I agree, it does sound like a lot... but the dwarf ceriths are really small - about the size of a Tic-Tac. So, while they're good at cleaning in tiny rock crevices, they really don't add much to the volume/bio-load of a CUC.

The thing I like about small tanks is that you can get right up on a colorful little animal and watch it in detail.  That's fascinating. In a big tank that's hard to do.  

The thing I like about small tanks is that you can get right up on a colorful little animal and watch it in detail. That's fascinating. In a big tank that's hard to do.

Ya me an my kids spent an hour staring at the LR with the light off and a flash light. We found a lot of different animals. Pods. Brittle stars. Snails. Hermits. Feather dusters. Etc.

I put a fighting conch in my daughter 5 gallon.  Sand has been clean ever since.  You will have to make sure you supplement feed with a tank this small though.  

I put a fighting conch in my daughter 5 gallon. Sand has been clean ever since. You will have to make sure you supplement feed with a tank this small though.

I don't like those things I had one it creeped me out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk