CLOSED (have started a new tank) NEW 29 Gallon LED Setup

Guys and Gals, 

Life has been crazy lately. Got a promotion, which is a good thing but I am so much more busier now than before. 

Given that, I am keeping up with the tank husbandry and coming back to post progress soon. 

On a related note, does anyone have extra Cheato? I am in the market for some for my new SUMP design. 

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Built a new sump with some sweet dividers that i ordered from eBay.

Picked up some green algae today from Congressional Aquarium ( first time there ever btw, great store!)

Here are some pics:

56fa589adb5c4561731a7bd55250c9b4.jpg

caff0d7dfd67b190636b11581554d160.jpg

d45929b3b6138d32d3d9a7085ad7fef9.jpg

Installed a grow light right above the green algae. Should I have this light on 24/7?

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Hello Everyone!

Hope you'all are doing well!

It has been a while since I last posted on this. Life has been busy, work has been insane. 

I might be moving soon due to my spouse's work and I am looking to take down my tank. 

I have a couple of damsels and a pair of bonded maroon clowns, in addition to a red banded shrimp. 

Anyone interested in any of these fishes? I would like to give them a good home. 

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

So in perfect expected fashion, I was not able to give away my blood, sweat, and bubble algae so I downsized instead.

I got a 10 gal tall tank and transferred the clown fish and one damsel there alongside the shrimp. I had to donate the two other damsels I had.

I retrofitted a PrimeHD in the hood and now am looking for an anemone for the clown fishes. 

pictures to follow... 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics. The tank has been up and running for about two weeks now.

I got some ricordea and zoes from another Wamas member. They have been doing great!

I am adding a medium size bubble anem in there sometime this week. Getting the anemone from another Wamas member. I think that’s all there will be in there with an addition of a snail and an emerald crab probably.

I am keeping up with weekly water changes since there is no slimmer hooked up to the tank.

Would love to get everyone’s ideas/suggestions...

144e42fdf1d0d7f0617ef11aaf257a0e.jpg

26b55eca00d2f54bcd901490be4f0a50.jpg

Picked up two great pieces from a Wamas member this morning

Bubble tip Anem and a hammer coral frag:

fe0a81f011c06dfb7d1505d300fb956e.jpg

f48c7197e171cf04166d1885fafea06c.jpg

The clowns are already in the anemone!

• Reefoholic changed the title to CLOSED (have started a new tank) NEW 29 Gallon LED Setup

Mods please close this thread. I am starting a new tank thread for my new Reefer 170. 

Thanks!