Acrylic crazing

madweazl

Picked up used Bubble Magus Curve 5 and while it works great, it's hard to look at when everything else in my sump is so clean. Is the crazing typical of this skimmer (I'm sure they use the cheapest acrylic they can find)? If this is abnormal, I'll order the replacement parts but if it's just going to happen again, I'll order something else to replace it with. 

skim_zpsfsibydj0.jpg

Appreciate the info; I contacted Bubble Magus via email last night in the hopes that they sell the cone and top plate separately. Really happy with how it is working to this point. 

Is it on the inside or outside......may be able to buff it out

They're pretty deep (can feel it with your finger); I don't think it is something that is possible to buff out.

The previous owner stated it was caused by the lighting being used. Another idea that was mentioned as a possible cause was ozone.

Replacements are available but they're $95 (would end up having more money in it than a new one at that point). Guess I'll run it for a while and start looking for another in the near future.

Yes, purely aesthetics but that is a big issue for me LOL. I'll probably go ahead and order the replacement body for it because it does work really well, the size is right, and it's really quiet.