Sponge Crab

Squishie89

Anyone have any experience keeping sponge crabs from the Dromiidae family? I saw one at House of Tropicals which reignited my love for these adorable, odd critters. But there is not a ton of info about keeping them in captivity.

1qTUOk.jpg

I had purchased a sponge crab about a year ago. I caught it finishing eating my scarface palys. This was after he decided he liked my toadstool leather better than his sponge and swapped them out. I was told they were reef safe but I also found there wasn't a ton of info either. My guy I bought looked like this. A little different than yours. Good luck. post-2635240-146292012985_thumb.jpg

I had purchased a sponge crab about a year ago. I caught it finishing eating my scarface palys. This was after he decided he liked my toadstool leather better than his sponge and swapped them out. I was told they were reef safe but I also found there wasn't a ton of info either. My guy I bought looked like this. A little different than yours. Good luck. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1462920092.180448.jpg

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Seems to be about the same info as the other sponge crabs (not in this family), sometimes reef safe, sometimes not. What did you do with yours? Put it in the sump?