Important Announcement from The Marine Scene

marinescene

To all of our friends and customers,

When Tina and I opened the Marine Scene 20 years ago, our goal was to create an outstanding retail and service business providing top quality products and services. I feel very confident in affirming that we did in fact reach those goals.

At some point in the future we have plans to retire out of the area. That involves a great deal of planning, especially given the nature of owning this business and the building in which it resides. I have entertained numerous scenarios including the sale of the retail business to an interested party, closing the retail and focusing specifically on service and or shifting to a limited hour’s retail operation.

One of the most significant aspects of this entire process is developing a smooth transition and sale of the business to Bobby Haas who has demonstrated incredible loyalty and has effectively become my most trusted confidant. Bobby has earned the right to carry the torch forward and will do so with great results.

With the upcoming departure of two full time employees, we have decided that the time is perfect to shift to a new plan of operation. That plan is to become a service oriented business during the week and focus on a limited hour’s retail operation. We will continue to maintain the high standards of quality of product and service we are known for albeit fewer days per week.

Effective the week of May 16, 2016 we will shift our retail hours to Fridays from 10 -7 and Saturdays from 10 -6.

During this transition you will see some physical changes to the facility as we begin to streamline our inventory and holding systems to facilitate an easier and less labor intensive operation.

This transition will allow us to continue to serve our loyal retail clientele with the same level of expertise and quality all the while allowing us to focus on transitioning myself out of the operation. I feel this is a great balance and want to thank you in advance for your continued patronage.

Tom White