The Sickness

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great! Huge difference with that room!

We haven't already?

No sir we haven't, but that doesn't mean to stop. We MUST come together to conquer the world 

Well the swap from sump to tank was pretty smooth , I lost a couple Corals but no fish. Unfortunately one of the Coral I lost was a grow out challenge frag I had .... So yeah I lost that. All in all the set up was easier than tear down. I reused all the water and had to add about 100 gallons .All the equipment and was new and clean so that part was easy. The hardest part was aquascaping with rocks loaded with Coral .All in all I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. One plus is I got to sneak in a large derasa clam that my copperband used to attack when it was a small 4" It doesn't seem to care about it now that's around 10".

7f8959b8d0dc9eedcc1dddba8c32a33f.jpgfb75d0b6d928f2e7ed3d65e494b9a967.jpg14ee8d45a680eff0703ce9f583365189.jpgd1afd73726eee86ff0063f17d163b1b1.jpgefe7975eb32aefd3f171a9a40dc51ce7.jpg6b3a1de07cef307df20e01492e1e6db6.jpg41e39c7c6443439270acbdcc1f638ec3.jpg52c62bdf1e1e4d4d43b38b688e393416.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

None of your links are working.

None of your links are working.

Wierd , I uploaded them the same way from Tapatalk as the rest.. Can you see the older pic posts?

Wierd , I uploaded them the same way from Tapatalk as the rest.. Can you see the older pic posts?

I can now, it's nasty nice. *slow clap*

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job I have to say. Don't make the mistake most Reefers make changing routine of how you are keeping a successful reef. Water changes are #1. I love your display. Tagging along.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Vectra l1 just didn't have enough strength to power my biopellet reactor properly and return water to the tank. A recirculating reactor would allow me to lower the flow rate and take some pressure off the vectra. All the recirculating ones for a tank 300 gallons or moerllre I could find were $500 dollars plus. Which honestly I find to be grossly overpriced. Not opting to pay that , I built my own . At full retail in all the items I needed to build one I have $179 in parts. Note the most expensive items were the 5*18 inch bubble magus 2nd chamber for a calcium reactor $64 from Billy's reef connection, and the sicce 1.5 pump $72 from BRS. With that being said I got a little over $10 back from the items from BRS in points . So figure $169 is the cost. I could have went cheap on the pump and came in under a hundred , but I opted to copy Geo's version and use a quality pump. To keep the cost down I used white PVC like the rest of my build. The mods were all done fairly easily, drilled and tapped the reactor to accept push connect also added two to the skimmer to feed the biopellets directly and the calcium reactor effluent. All in all, very easy and I saved a little over $350!918261f26e0ab3a8144ff6f67204d532.jpg

You have some great looking pieces in there. Man this looks great and you just set it up. I can only imagine how it will look after grow out.

• 1 month later...