White nudibranch

Newfishgirl

I have been finding tiny white nudibranchs in my tank and I am not sure if these are bad or good? It's not a lot, but maybe 3-4 in a 4 month time period. I did all my frags when I get them in RPS out. I did add some berghia nudibranchs years ago but thought they had all died. Could these little guys be off spring? How do I tell the good ones from the bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for damage in your montipora corals. You may find more nudis on and under them. If so, they are montipora eating nudibranchs, not berghia.

Do you have any montipora in your tank? Could they be montipora-eating nudibranchs?

Another vote for montipora eating nudibranchs.  Dips tend to kill the live nudis, but not the eggs.  Then the eggs hatch and you start seeing nudis again.

I think they are the monti eating nudibranch. I've noticed small patches of STN on my montis and now I know why. The only way I think I could have gotten them is a huge chalice coral I purchased. I dipped it for 20 min but it had lots of crevices and perhaps the dip didn't get all the way in. Either way I've caught it fast enough and I'll be looking for a possum or pink streaked wrasse to take care of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you use to dip the coral?  Dips like Revive won't usually kill the eggs of pests, IME.  So if there are eggs present on the corals when you dip it, you'll still have pests in a couple of weeks.