Pumps for pico

Keraxis

Just ordered an Eheim compact pump from Marine Depot.  This will fit in the back chamber of the Fluval spec 3 replacing the stock pump and flows 80gph.  Just thought I would share since it took me a while to figure out a pump that would.  Dimensions are 2.1" x 1.4" x 2".... Gotta love those germans

Nice, I'm using a Sicce Nano on mine that I bought from Avast.  Same one they use on their smallest spyglass reactor.  It also fits in the back.

Nice, I'm using a Sicce Nano on mine that I bought from Avast.  Same one they use on their smallest spyglass reactor.  It also fits in the back.

What heater did you go with.  I was trying to see if I even needed one but I am starting to think I will.  

I have some kind of little constant on heater that is a few inches long.  Not sure the brand, but it might be an aqueon.  I assume it's constant on because I have never seen it turn off, heh.  It runs the tank at about 74 degrees and cooler at night, but it might do better if it was in a warmer part of the house.

• 8 months later...

What specific pump model did you buy?  I have a need for a really small pump.  Thx in advance

Just ordered an Eheim compact pump from Marine Depot.  This will fit in the back chamber of the Fluval spec 3 replacing the stock pump and flows 80gph.  Just thought I would share since it took me a while to figure out a pump that would.  Dimensions are 2.1" x 1.4" x 2".... Gotta love those germans

• 8 months later...

To add onto small pumps, I upgraded my pump in the Fluval Sea Evo XII. If anyone else has the same tank they know that the pump will do the job but doesn't have the best flow rate and fits very snug into the back chamber. The "factory pump" is rated at 134 gph I believe, or something around that. I upgraded to a Hydor Centrifugal pump. It is about half the size, quiet, and pushes 300gph. I am able to control the flow rate as well. The pump paired with a hydor nano powerhead pushing 240gph allows me to turn over the tank at most 40 times an hour. If anyone has a tank around the same size, and is looking to save a considerable amount of space, I highly recommend this pump. The dimensions are 2 3/4"L x 1 1/2"W x 3 1/4"H