New? -- returning to WAMAS after 8 years absentee

Hello everyone, and old friends;

Ocean saltwater calls, and I answered !.  :laugh:

After few years (more like 8) in absence from WAMAS due to business, world travelling, and family, I have decided to come back to my favorite hobby !., saltwater eco-systems keeping. 

I am not jumping in right-away as I am aware a lot of technology and information have/has changed in the past few years. I regret missing the Feb 20th meeting at Oakton High School, but I'm sure there are more to come.

I browsed the gallery section and found old pictures of my previous tanks and that was enough to make me come back.  The first thing to do is to enjoy looking at everyone's set-ups and gathering information on the trend and particulars of today's systems.  I will be looking and I'm interested in a small 30gal to 55 gal self-sustained system to get me back on the hobby until I can manage to work my way back to the 200's 300's gals tank I used to care for.  If you have some advise on the self-sustained eco-systems and tanks in the 30g-55g range I would greatly appreciate you pass them on. 

Looking forward to meet everyone again either virtual, at the next WAMAS meeting, or at someone's show-and-tell (if they are still available).

Thank you

Caribbean Jake

Welcome back, I got some corals from you in the past. You can see my latest build in the dedicated tank build thread under David's SR-80

David

One more question for all you out there!

If I was to start looking at small reef-ready tanks, who / where you recommend I start regarding local business with good selections on small reef-ready tanks?

One more question for all you out there!

If I was to start looking at small reef-ready tanks, who / where you recommend I start regarding local business with good selections on small reef-ready tanks?

Glass or acrylic?

Quantum Reefs would be my go to (in Springfield) for a nano tank (or I would just keep an eye on the buy/sell/trade area once you become a paying member.) Artfully Acrylic has just started producing some really nice acrylic all in ones, ranging in different sizes.

Welcome back sir, didn't know you before but glad to have another member contributing. Look forward to the updates and if we can be of any help feel free to reach out, I'm always glad to help when I can!

Just been getting my tanks back into shape again.

Starting look pretty respectable again.

you mean the tanks correct?  :laugh:    ​

some things, or people,  never change !

missed you buddy !

Edited by Caribbean Jake

Go to gallery and search for Caribbean Jake and then click search, then at the next window click search at the bottom of the page.  I think that is how I found my old links, and all picture links came right up/

Edited by Caribbean Jake

Anemone - Here are some pictures from the old 125G, and some close ups. 

If you click on one of the images it will take you to the gallery where you can browse thru all the pictures. Hope you see them, enjoy.

monti

poci

hydro

hid

center

Edited by Caribbean Jake

Dave - great to hear from you/.  Hope you have some of my old montiporas or staghorns, and you are willing to sell me back some frags when I'm ready to move on "getting" back into the hobby.

Anemone - Here are some pictures from the old 125G, and some close ups.

If you click on one of the images it will take you to the gallery where you can browse thru all the pictures. Hope you see them, enjoy.

Pretty awesome, thanks for sharing.

Welcome back Jake!   Nothing like someone from the past to bring out responses from long time WAMAS reefers in a single thread.

I too got corals from Jake back in 2005 but unfortunately, non are with me.