Water Changes

Irishblitz

Couldn't find a forum based off of this topic so if someone knows where it is, please send it my way...

Question, what's everyone's idea about water changes--- How often should you do one? Once a week, a month and so forth.... Just wondering, food for thought. Always read numerous ideas one way or the other.

Personally, never had issues and prefer once a week for water changes.

I do 50% whenever things look different than normal (1/month).  If I wasn't doing other things I would also do 10-20% weekly.

I went 8 months without a water change after my injury.  No loss but the tank didn't look that great either.

I prefer smaller but more often water change. Too large of one and I shock the system with a rapid temp or PH or alkalinity change. Probably 10% a week in two different water changes

In my opinion it depends how well ur tank is doing. Example I only have 2 or 3 sps corals rest are soft and lps I've went 3 weeks without a change and the only thing I noticed was the sps corals Dident look as good as far as everything else no problem and the water parameters were all in check so it depends how ur tank is running in my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't find a forum based off of this topic so if someone knows where it is, please send it my way...

Question, what's everyone's idea about water changes--- How often should you do one? Once a week, a month and so forth.... Just wondering, food for thought. Always read numerous ideas one way or the other.

Personally, never had issues and prefer once a week for water changes.

Coming from freshwater planted tank, I'm used to weekly 25-30% change. This being my first saltwater tank, I'm doing 10% weekly. With a skimmer running 24/7 and a bag of GFO/carbon in my power filter, I'm thinking about trying 10% biweekly (with monitoring). But my tank is a FOWLR, ATM, with 5 small fish.

I also wonder how often those of us with oversize skimmer and reactors change water?

Always interested to see the concept of others in the hobby, I agree that sometimes you shouldn't touch a tank if the parameters and corals are doing well but I guess I've been indoctrinated for the weekly water changes. Too bad it has to be costly with salt and such, I switch out 30-35 gallons a week on a 300gal

Always interested to see the concept of others in the hobby, I agree that sometimes you shouldn't touch a tank if the parameters and corals are doing well but I guess I've been indoctrinated for the weekly water changes. Too bad it has to be costly with salt and such, I switch out 30-35 gallons a week on a 300gal

Wow. For an ecosystem that large, I thought you would only have to do WC 2-3 times a year.

I guess I shouldn't complain about my tiny 5 gallons weekly WC.