Gmerek2's 240g mixed reef "48 off"

gmerek2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's that Koran treating your softies? Do you just have sticks now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has not touched my sponge or my zoas. A guy came over and he said his ate all his zoas only after it matured. I only keep a few now ..... ca3450d81a9a05d824775f6409b0dde6.jpg

It has not touched my sponge or my zoas. A guy came over and he said his ate all his zoas only after it matured. I only keep a few now ..... ca3450d81a9a05d824775f6409b0dde6.jpg

I had one for all of but half a day, until my tank became a buffet.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow.  Those acros look super nice.  Apart from dosing two part what supplements do you dose for the SPS corals to get those sick colours?  What are you feeding the fish and corals daily?

Would love to see more SPS coral photos. :)

The corals don't get to eat anything but fish poop. Lucky for the fish the tank runs clean so I have to feed a lot to keep the colors. Other than that I don't dose anything but splash in acro power a few times a month. I'm not sure that even does anything but increase PE. The fish eat a variety of frozen since I have a CBB but they do get some flake once a day. I broke off a huge pice of my rainbow granny today 6bf673f56dba40371cf8b42edd8b8468.jpg

I don't test either one. They are un detectable on my API kits. But those kits are known to be in accurate for nitrate and phosphate and they aren't very sensitive. I just watch my coral colors to see where nutrients are at. Especially the cali tort since it's a chameleon. Tends to keep dark colors when higher nutrients and pale when it's too clean. I discovered that my tank was too clean when An auto feeder got stuck full open. Everything almost instantly colored up while I was on vacation. When large tanks are new they have nutrient overload. But then eventually when corals grow out there is a ton of nutrient uptake. It's hard to go from nutrient overload mode to i need to dump in tons of food mode. Or at least hard to recognize for me.

(edited)

I just feel the need to say this crap happens to the best of us. Just buy more corals than you need. In a year you will figure out which ones survive your tank and style. Biodiversity

212edb2ffe68f5abe9be39f2ef276821.jpg

Edited by gmerek2

I just feel the need to say this crap happens to the best of us. Just buy more corals than you need. In a year you will figure out which ones survive your tank and style. Biodiversity

212edb2ffe68f5abe9be39f2ef276821.jpg

Is that what I think it is...

• 4 weeks later...

Got the iPhone 10. Fooling around with it. Don’t tell anyone about the WD photo with whites on. Never seen a photo of it with whites on must be illegal. cbcbd7a649b8a94122fab0e56e98ab2d.jpg334e5a0f6a973604a69756118bd6494b.jpg73363518302c0be00fe69b5a8463689b.jpg03ba916f63198c62a91f787cf8d065a2.jpg1768b5b63dfa25f52b7bf4958ec8f910.jpg

Edited by gmerek2

Thanks for posting up with the whites. I think it might be illegal as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Had buyers remorse after buying Tierra del Fuego. It looked just like red planet. Now it’s starting to show some hot pink. Wish I could capture the colors better but this should give you an idea. 00250089d00d3122632cd9840270753d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...