Gmerek2's 240g mixed reef "48 off"

gmerek2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b2edfcf7cba46fb6c4206b15327c4401.jpg
I guess I should document growth on this one since a lot of people comment on it. Had a lot of trouble settling in but I think it’s done settled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty honest pic of the Jason fox home wrecker. It’s actually a pretty good grower. Bought the tiniest of all frags and it grew into this. The small frag pic is it on 3/26/2018 cabacdde699facfd2762f1b67f4bb7e4.jpge3ddc8d8567a3b4f6ecd3cbb34edb0c2.jpg

Very nice! You're stating to pull the colors that you see all jazzed up by a bajillion. Hows that JD coming along? 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:12 AM, gmerek2 said:

b2edfcf7cba46fb6c4206b15327c4401.jpg
I guess I should document growth on this one since a lot of people comment on it. Had a lot of trouble settling in but I think it’s done settled

What is it? The green part looks very similar to a slow grower I have that looks like it might turn into just this...

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Wish I knew what that piece was! This one is WWC Tierra Red. Had buyers remorse when I got it home at first since they run full blues there. But now it’s really turning into a sweet pink piece and I love how fast it grows.e76a60e3d6384607d56ee4fc6542975c.jpg

Edited by gmerek2

• 1 month later...

f5e1887300a2e460a11cbc78df46b217.jpg
Ultimate Staghorn is pretty neat. It’s hardy I have had it for 4 years. but the colors are sensitive

On 1/29/2019 at 10:33 PM, gmerek2 said:

Wish I knew what that piece was! This one is WWC Tierra Red. Had buyers remorse when I got it home at first since they run full blues there. But now it’s really turning into a sweet pink piece and I love how fast it grows.e76a60e3d6384607d56ee4fc6542975c.jpg

Nice! That looks great. The branches look kinda like fox flame and pink caddy had a baby. I just got a frag of this so I am excited to hear it is a fast grower. 

• 8 months later...

Thanks for inquiring. Rough summer. I got into bass fishing a lot and let things go. Luckily I only lost a few high end pieces that never really did much anyhow. Did lose both my JF home wreckers. I had always caught hot streaks with that coral where it would grow wildly then it would die off and I would have to trade for a new one. But anyhow bass fishing has slowed and the tank is close to being back in order. I have two ballasts to change out on the ATI then we should be back in it. 01b01c3ccf8c54d90c3f6c0a4bc4d981.jpg

• 3 months later...

5e204b2e5ec85db75b0b0612e5bc54b2.jpg
Found a puddle behind the tank. Bulkhead leaking. Since I tightened everything up before the plumbing I can’t fit a big pipe wrench in there. I am going to buy a larger channel lock since this one is too small. Should just need tightened up. I was able to get it to slow down a lot with the small amount of tightening

• 2 weeks later...
Aww man I was hoping the tool pic would be of the scraper you used to clean your glass

Here is a YouTube video I made on the scraper. You guy are welcome to follow since no one is watching my videos anyhow.

Looking good for sure! That coraline was nuts!  I think not looking in your tank everyday actually helps the tank because your not putting your hands in it or thinking about moving pieces.  That’s one of the reasons I kept my Rubbermaid as my tank really. I look in it maybe once a week and actually notice growth and or color changes much easier now.  I hope I can get out there and see the tank in person soon.