BRK yet again

emissary

So I went to BRK yesterday to pick up my new APF600. Didn't come with plumbing though so I figured while I was there I would get the requisite plumbing to get it all hooked up. Well, it was at that point that Byron (byron, right?) started talking to me, and just wouldn't shut up! He explained about how they had theirs set up, showed me the effects of the ball valves on either end, compared theirs to my skimmers a bit, offered the pros and cons of ball valves vs gate valves for the purpose... and then started leading me all over the store to pick up all the plumbing I'd need to get it all set up! Can you believe it? I could have spent hours and hours working it all out for myself and wandering through the store looking at stuff, but he smoothed the process out so much I was in and out fairly quickly. So much for my afternoon at the fish store.

At least they didn't have an item in stock meaning that I had to go elsewhere for it. But then, instead of just leaving it at that, he found the thing online and determined the right fittings to go with it so that I could get the pump later, but would already have the right plumbing for it.

:)

Certainly some of the best customer service I've ever had. Thank you!

So I went to BRK yesterday to pick up my new APF600. Didn't come with plumbing though so I figured while I was there I would get the requisite plumbing to get it all hooked up. Well, it was at that point that Byron (byron, right?) started talking to me, and just wouldn't shut up! He explained about how they had theirs set up, showed me the effects of the ball valves on either end, compared theirs to my skimmers a bit, offered the pros and cons of ball valves vs gate valves for the purpose... and then started leading me all over the store to pick up all the plumbing I'd need to get it all set up! Can you believe it? I could have spent hours and hours working it all out for myself and wandering through the store looking at stuff, but he smoothed the process out so much I was in and out fairly quickly. So much for my afternoon at the fish store.

At least they didn't have an item in stock meaning that I had to go elsewhere for it. But then, instead of just leaving it at that, he found the thing online and determined the right fittings to go with it so that I could get the pump later, but would already have the right plumbing for it.

Thanks Yanik! Byron great job thanks.

John

See, you should have gone to SuperPets. Just think of the money you could have saved by leaving with nothing but being mad:)

My tank is bubble free thanks to John and a simple solution..great place.

Uhh Wow I was totally Guessing the entire time. I had no idea what I was even talking about. I just figured I would Bs my way through it until the customer left. I made up all this crazy stuff like using vodka, adding a pound of dead shrimp. He had never heard of these methods but I assured him that it was the way to go. 2 liters of vodka and a pound of shrimp would aclimate a system faster than any other way. The Customer seemed happy and was very grateful I could answer his questions. I feel really good about helping him out and at least soundling like I new what I was talking about. But then again that was Koi.

After that I helped Yanek with his skimmer.

:D

Uhh Wow I was totally Guessing the entire time. I had no idea what I was even talking about. I just figured I would Bs my way through it until the customer left. I made up all this crazy stuff like using vodka, adding a pound of dead shrimp. He had never heard of these methods but I assured him that it was the way to go. 2 liters of vodka and a pound of shrimp would aclimate a system faster than any other way. The Customer seemed happy and was very grateful I could answer his questions. I feel really good about helping him out and at least soundling like I new what I was talking about. But then again that was Koi.

LOL. Brilliant.

hehehhehehe

Dont forget where the bread and butter comes from Armson!

What? You work there, you get the employee discount. Which I hear is an even better deal when John isn't around....

Shhhhdupp up Craig! Your ruining my chances for a raise! That will be the Last time I ever give you an "Absent Johnny" discount!

Shhhhdupp up Craig! Your ruining my chances for a raise! That will be the Last time I ever give you an "Absent Johnny" discount!

I don't think I fired you yet this week. Your fired.

Hey!

You can't fire me again!! !

I quit again!

Please, please, please dont quit! I need you.....

OK, thanks your staying......whooo that was close.

Your fired.....

I vote for a raise, Byron needs a raise..... yea.. raise..... more work... :D

I agree!

You people have no idea how hard it is to come in every week and spend John's money.

I agree!

You people have no idea how hard it is to come in every week and spend John's money.

yea. week after week after weekend... nothing to do and still getting paid.. wow what a life... tough job ha?

yea. week after week after weekend... nothing to do and still getting paid.. wow what a life... tough job ha?

Hey it was either my money or his. I figured I would do the right thing and help him out....by spending his money. Besides his money was already acclimated to fish. So it was easy to make the transition from being spent on Marine fish rather than goldfish.

So it was easy to make the transition from being spent on Marine fish rather than goldfish.

i think you just got fired again!

i think you just got fired again!

Hey, nothing wrong with goldfish. There were some really big pretty goldfish in the pond outside while I was there....

;)

next social at BRK , Johnny will have Pond Koi shish kabob for everyone..

and yes Byron.... you're FIRED .. again

P.S.

keep up the great job Byron

It's good to know that at least one LFS truely supports the reef society & our club by employing a member. I find that when I talk to most LFS employees I talk way over their head & they end up smiling & nodding the whole time.

John, you have a valuable asset in Byron. I find he is one of the more knowledgeable members we have.

Now where is that stepping stool? I think he was looking for a raise.