JBJ 30 rimless w/ AI Hydra HD - Anyone tried one? Alternatives?

Jonathan's Reef

I'm thinking of setting up a JBJ rimless 30 cube using the AI Hydra 26 HD. Has anyone tried out the new AI Hyper Drive Hydra 26 or 52? 

There are some alternatives that may not offer the same functionality, but offer strong lighting.

• The OceanRevive Arctic-T247 is a good light but may be a bit much.
  • Kessil A160 may be too little control.
  • The Radion XR15w is a good competitor, but at a higher price than the Hydra HD with fewer perks, I'm leaning toward Hydra.

I'd of course like to save some money, but wanting a diverse array of corals, an awesome looking tank, cool lighting control and features, and simplicity of operation in general, the AI Hydra seems good.

If you recognize my name on here, you'll know I've been jumping all over the place. I almost pulled the trigger on a 60cube, 50 starfire, 24s, and even a 90cube at some point. In the end, I'm looking for a upper sized nano that will let me grow out some nice frags. I'd rather have bigger and better with a sump and all the under-tank support, but since I'm in an apartment and unsure of when we're moving, this seems like a smart temporary fix. Having that in mind, I'd love to hear some "easy-to-relocate" tank ideas to compete with the JBJ cube. I know there are the Innovative Marine tanks out there, but I like the cube shape far better. Plus, this is a cheaper option. 

Other thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Jonathan's Reef