Blue PVC Pipe

Squishie89

Has anyone used blue pipe, or any of the other "specialty" colors? I was going to use this on my new build and figuring out fittings; Home Depot sells matching color fittings, BRS does not sell matching fittings (although I was thinking of going with black for some contrast). Are the Home Depot ones okay for our aquariums? Says here it is okay: http://reefbuilders.com/2013/08/19/pimp-aquarium-colored-pvc/ But I wanted to get yours guys's opinions on this. Or should I just be happy that I can get blue pipe and accept the white fittings?

Should be good as long as you can glue the fittings tight enough to get a waterproof seal. Furniture grade fittings may not be designed for solvent weld seals.

Thank you all so much! The whole, "Furniture grade" thing was really throwing me off and I think/thought I remembered hearing once about not trusting some plumbing you can get at lowes/HD (I may be wrong) so I was excited yet nervous when I saw that HD carried the fittings. I still need valves and unions which don't come colored, so that is something I need to think about. Coloring them myself sounds really cool, but I think I am going to pass on that for this build.

I have five 5' sections of black pipe I could sell if your interested. Also have black 90 degree fittings too

Thank you! I am going to pass as I really like blue, but thank you so much for reaching out!

I have blue on one tank orange on the other. I love the blue and will use it next time. The orange ended up looking more red with my led lights under the stand.

BBD9C9B8-490D-434A-BADD-3666DBADC303_zps

I have blue on one tank orange on the other. I love the blue and will use it next time. The orange ended up looking more red with my led lights under the stand.

BBD9C9B8-490D-434A-BADD-3666DBADC303_zps

I love it! Did you use sch 80 fittings with the blue pipe? Any problems?

Yup I liked the gray with blue look so I used all schd 80. 80 is a little over kill but nothing wrong with that and no issues. Sch 80 fittings are a little harder to find at stores like lowes or home depot so I ordered them all from Amazon.

Yup I liked the gray with blue look so I used all schd 80. 80 is a little over kill but nothing wrong with that and no issues. Sch 80 fittings are a little harder to find at stores like lowes or home depot so I ordered them all from Amazon.

Also considerably more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk