I hope everyone is well! Just want to give everyone a heads up, we will be attending next weekend's meeting on Saturday.

WAMAS Fall Meeting

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Time: 1:00 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.
Where: North Bethesda Middle School
8935 Bradmoor Dr
Bethesda, MD 20817

We are looking forward to visiting with everyone and will be bringing lots of beautiful corals and also some of Alyssa's Captive Bred Erectus seahorses! If anyone sees anything on our website they want us to bring we are taking pre-orders now. 

tn_F%20O0574%2059%20Sunset%20Chalice_zps

tn_hpo040399purpletipelegance_zpsvt7nmtm

tn_V%20S1415%20179%20Crocea_zpsfzdeen3i.

tn_HP%20S0884%20129%20Lime%20Lights%20Tr

tn_F%20O0594%2034%20Fuzzy%20Patchwork%20

Alyssa's Captive Bred Erectus Seahorses

-Eat Frozen Mysis shrimp

-Full of personality and very active

-Beautiful colors and markings

If anyone has any questions about our seahorses feel free to ask questions here or send us an email at alyssa@pacificeastaquaculture.com. We are going to have special pricing on our Erectus seahorse pairs at the meeting. Definitely stop by and check them out. 

tn_erectus3_zpsfid5ddp0.jpg

tn_erectus4_2_zpsoi9eowh0.jpg

tn_erectus8_zpsd3zzvxn4.jpg

We are looking forward to Saturday!

Are you planning to bring lightening strike clove polyps to the event?

Don't forget: If you want something specific on their site, you can always pre-order it and have them deliver it to the meeting. This is just a general note to everybody and a great way to save costs as well as to reduce shipping stress, and to get exactly what you want.

About the Seahorses. I have set up a low flow interesting dimension tank. It is cycled, , has no powerheads, just a return Maxijet pump, and is 6 feet long, and 10" high and deep. I imagine this would make an excellent seahorse tank, but my concern comes to the temperature. The lowest I could probably keep the tank is around 73F, but it is not hard to keep heated, I know from what I've heard that seahorses prefer colder water. I don't have a light on it yet, but I imagine I will soon. Would this make for a decent sea horse tank? If there are other fish in there, will that be an issue?

Thanks Origami for the tip.

YHSublime,

just a note, I did some research that seahorses need more vertical space to swim rather than horizontal space.

Thanks! I think I remember reading that also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the Seahorses. I have set up a low flow interesting dimension tank. It is cycled, , has no powerheads, just a return Maxijet pump, and is 6 feet long, and 10" high and deep. I imagine this would make an excellent seahorse tank, but my concern comes to the temperature. The lowest I could probably keep the tank is around 73F, but it is not hard to keep heated, I know from what I've heard that seahorses prefer colder water. I don't have a light on it yet, but I imagine I will soon. Would this make for a decent sea horse tank? If there are other fish in there, will that be an issue?

Hello,

As far as temperature, we recommend keeping the aquarium between 70-74 F for seahorses. I recommend at least a 20 inch deep aquarium. Seahorses will use both vertical and horizontal space in the aquarium. We generally recommend a 30 gallon aquarium for a pair of our seahorses, but a larger aquarium is even better. Our Erectus seahorses will grow to 5-7 inches and our Reidi x Erectus hybrid seahorses will grow to 5-8+ inches. 10 inches is not enough vertical height for them. Seahorses do best in a species only aquarium without other fish. They are slow eaters and can be easily out competed for food by other fish. They do not handle aggression from other fish well either. You can keep them with different soft corals and inverts including Gorgonians, sponges, leathers, and zoanthids. Our seahorses are very robust, very active, friendly, trained to eat frozen Mysis shrimp and are very hardy when their particular needs are met. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. We look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting!

-Alyssa

Thanks for the very specific explanation! Looks like they are not the best fit for me atm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you planning to bring lightening strike clove polyps to the event?

We have a lot of nice corals picked out for the meeting. I will double check and see if we selected any clove polyps. If you see anything specific on the website you want us to bring, feel free to place a pre-order. All pre-orders must be in today for tomorrow's meeting.