need help setting up RO/DI in DC

codydemmel4

post-2636028-0-94331900-1444306656_thumb.jpgpost-2636028-0-00641900-1444306658_thumb.jpgpost-2636028-0-25610300-1444306659_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone so I am trying to set up my RO/DI but there is no where to screw it in my apartment.

I can not get to the washing machine hookup and the kitchen sink definitely wont work.

I tried to take the screen off the bathroom sink but it is not budging and I had it in vinegar all night, budged a little this morning but still cant get it off with a pliers or wrench.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it, I also do not want to cut into any of the plumbing

Do you have access issues connecting the unit to your washing machine's cold water supply line? There is a Y connector that can connect to the cold water supply line and one goes to washing machine and the other to your RODI unit. This is how I used to have it at my old place.

I don't have access to the washer hookup because it is directly behind the washer and drier and have no where to move them to get to it.  I am not sure if the hoses just screw off, I haven't tried it.  I also am not even sure how to make sure the water is turned off, I am so bad with this stuff hence why I need some serious help haha.  Thanks so much for all the suggestions and opinions so far :)

I didn't mount my unit to keep it mobile. I use it in my basement at the utility sink and outside. While my suggestion isn't permanent, you should be able to take it and connect it to your garden hose...If you have a garden style apartment.

Edited by missjdub

I am assuming the white pieces coming out of the wall are some sort of shut off valve. Never seen any like that though. Edit to say, it looks like the white valve says "pull to close" (maybe push, can't make it out). So that would be where/how to turn the water off.

If you can shut off the sink supply, it looks like you would:

-unhook the supply line at the top where it connects to sink

-find the pieces to screw into that end of the supply and put in a 1/4" quick connect valve that will "T" off to the rodi unit

-then install another supply line on the other end (reverse the above step)

-now the second supply line will screw onto the sink

So you will have 2 white supply lines with a 1/4" rodi quick connect in between.

Your toilet water supply should have a shut off valve that is easy to get to. It may take a few parts, like above, but Home Depot or lowes should have all the pieces to hook up to the rodi unit.

You can install what ever end you need onto the rodi unit to make it work with the plumbing. I just took the faucet adapter off mine and installed the garden hose adapter. now I can use it with the faucet outside, washing machine hookup, or with the sink faucet adapter that has multiple threads.

Edited by SandJ

Push the valve in, or out on the right hand side while you run the cold water. See if it turns off. You should be able to find a t valve that can connect to whatever male/female connections you have there, with a 1/4" output in the middle for your ro/di. I'll snap a pic of mine tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you figure out how to hook it up to your washing machine...I have the 'Y' connector that I am not using...you can have it. Let me know.

Thanks a lot everyone,  I am going to try to hook up the ro/di underneath my sink.  I greatly appreciate all the advice or I would be lost without it and not know what to do haha