Bartop to Dresser Top

YHSublime

I ended up grabbing 08can-am's bartop and put it in storage for when we had the space. It's only 32 gallons I think, and less than that with sand and rock. It's 6' long, 10" deep, and 10" tall, interesting dimensions. I want to get either x2 quiet drive MP10's for the end, or maybe x3 for the back. My end game setup has this being a walk around setup.

I put it on my dresser, and it canters over both sides by about 3-4", but I have a stand getting built for it, for those of you worrying. So far I added a bag of Fiji Pink sand, some Real Reef Rock, and some tonga. I jammed the overflow chamber filled with rubble rock, and it's been cycling since about MACNA. There are currently 3 lemon chromis hanging out, and no light setup on it yet. The aquascape was created while the tank was cloudy from the sand, and I left it that way because it looked and felt organic. It goes through about a gallon of RO a day in top off, and I feed the fish once a day. Don't mind the heater and return pump cords. I've not put much (OK, just about any) effort into this.

I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it setup, hence why this isn't in the dedicated build section. My wife is not thrilled about it cohabiting temporarily on the dresser with our other junk. The vacuum cleaner temporarily resides by the dresser while I finish cleaning out my fish closet. I kind of like having it at the end of the bed, but if it does stay, that won't be it's final destination.

DSC_0153_zpsakkvdrno.jpg

DSC_0154_zps8ktv6lpb.jpg

Nice!

man, I wish I can have a tank in my bed room. 

Funny. Right after I posted this, the wife asked if I would get rid of it because she wants a new dresser. Best laid plans of mice and men. Like I said though, the dresser is not the forever solution.

Nice pick up. I like it. Mind Pm'ing me your stand builder info?

No problem, PM on the way.

Why that's a nice Tonga you got there!

I'm just happy to see you, I mean, thanks!

I would never sleep if I had an aquarium in my bedroom. I would just keep starring at it all night :rolleyes:

Better than the TV! 

Very cool...

ehhhh, it has potential to be, I don't think it is yet. 

Dang. Now I need one in my bedroom.

Gonna be sweet Isaac. Can't wait to see it stocked

I've got one in my room.... helps me sleep!  I think you should keep it Isaac! 

It's silent. And it doesn't have a light. I have one, I just don't want to mount it without the stand. The less work I put into it, the better!

It lives again! Very cool

I've got some big boots to fill!

Nice Isaac, my 90 is in our bedroom, very relaxing!

Lucky guy! A 90!

Dang. Now I need one in my bedroom.

Gonna be sweet Isaac. Can't wait to see it stocked

You want to buy this one ;)

I'm going to start getting back on the zoanthids. And nems. nothing that isn't super hearty.

Your wife must really love you.

It's up for debate.