Glue hardening at end

gmerek2

Anyone else have this problem with glue hardening at the end of the tube clogging it? Am i the only one that's drilling it every time? #dedicateddrillbit #hadenough #needhelp

Edited by gmerek2

I went to staples and got a bunch of the single use gel tubes. I had the same issue and would end up throwing away a tube where the tip was solid or i busted the aluminum tubing trying get the tip off.

Clean off tip, put it on the fridge = No clogs for me

the fridge helps keep it from hardening?! I have this same problem all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on dollar store mini tubes. You usually use them before they dry out and if they do, who cares. I have a $10 container of Corafix used maybe twice that I can't even get the lid off of anymore to drill. Not buying expensive "coral glue" ever again.

the fridge helps keep it from hardening?! I have this same problem all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to help for me!  Maybe I'm wrong and just have cool glue for no reason...

• 2 months later...

Figured I would follow up. Wow the fridge trick has really been working. Every now and then I have to cut the tip off but at least I'm not having to drill 2" every time!!!! Thanks

Seems to help for me! Maybe I'm wrong and just have cool glue for no reason...

Edited by gmerek2

Figured I would follow up. Wow the fridge trick has really been working. Every now and then I have to cut the tip off but at least I'm not having to drill 2" every time!!!! Thanks

Haha cool. Another minor tip, try to keep the tip from touching the coral, plugs or whatever. Just raise the ip a tiny bit above whatever you are glueing and let the glue fall on it. This way the tip doesn't touch salt water.

I rarely have clogged tips, I'm guessing it's for these two reasons.