Getting Rid of Aiptasia / Mysterious Peppermint Shrimp death

sk187

Hey everyone, 

So I thought I controlled an outbreak of aiptasia in my tank

but clearly I failed as I saw a few yesterday when I was cleaning the tank.

I been trying to introduce peppermint shrimp to eat them but strangely they keep dying.

At first I though it was because I wasn't acclimating them properly so I kept it in a basket

attached to the top of my tank over night to keep an eye on it. 

It survived the night so I introduced it into my the tank and I found my cleanup crew eating it 

up at the end of the day.

What is weird is I also introduced a cleaner shrimp and 2 emerald crabs at the same time

and they are fine. 

My hypothesis is that something is attacking the peppermint shrimp but I am not sure what

it could be. 

I have 2 clownfish, 2 firefish gobies, 1 royal gramma. 

There seems to be alot of talk about how to remove them but what worked

for you?

I just live with them.  Majano wand makes them go away temporarily, so does Aiptasia-X.  Berghia do nothing to them.  My peppermint shrimp just rocked back and forth for a few days before all ending up in my filter sock.  Big dummies.  They didn't do squat for Aiptasia.  At least they didn't in my tank.  I just knock them back with Aiptasia X from time to time if they start interfering with a coral I'm attached to.

I just added the emerald crabs so I don't think they are the culprits. I bought 3 peppermint shrimp prior this last one and they all died as well. I found one in my filter sock and the other two I haven't seen so I am assuming died.