Doni Snowcasso F1 and snowcasso/onyx male breeding

gioNVA

It's always nerve wracking whenever I go on vacation due to worries about issues with the tank.  This time, I came back to something good happening.  My female snowcasso from Doni's first batch was breeding again.  The male was purchased from ChrisTran and is from Doni/Onyx parents.  The first batch of eggs hatched on 8/24 but I was unprepared for it.  I do have a few from that batch that are at 6 days old but this time I have new rotifers and new Rotigreen Omega.  Here's a video of the parents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Dp1WMlPXE

The eggs were laid on 8/26 and I am expecting them to hatch in about 3 days.  I will post more to keep a log of my progress.  At this time, I am going to start feeding LRS fish frenzy in hopes of getting a bigger nest.  The nest is still small at about 200 eggs.  

Good job.  If you've gotten them to 14 days you're past the hardest part.  Did you see the Roger Williams Univ. exhibit at MACNA?  They had 21 day old clownfish larvae in their modular larval rearing system.  

Sure did. Had a long conversation with those guys. They don't feed rotifers but use I believe calanoid copepods. Those babies they had there had excellent shape and coloration.

• 1 month later...
Here are some photos I took yesterday.  They are 45 days old here.  I have them mixed in with some babies from my Rod's Onyx and C-Quest onyx babies.

_DSC2356_zpsisb6ive6.jpg

_DSC2354_zps0vxyhwkj.jpg

_DSC2359_zpsbxkwnlqn.jpg

_DSC2352_zpsxhsk4yo4.jpg

_DSC2347_zps9hdg11j3.jpg

_DSC2344_zpszydhy7it.jpg

_DSC2346_zpselaltxrh.jpg_DSC2345_zpswiydpwd9.jpg

Thank you!  These are going to be nicer once the black fills in.  I'm not sure of the price yet but I do plan on selling a few to get back the cost of breeding and hopefully build a better setup.  Right now, I can only raise 1 batch at a time due to not having space for growout.  

Good job.  If you've gotten them to 14 days you're past the hardest part.  Did you see the Roger Williams Univ. exhibit at MACNA?  They had 21 day old clownfish larvae in their modular larval rearing system.  

Andy is doing some really cool things up at Roger Williams University. As soon as I can break away I am taking a trip up there to spend a couple days in their lab. Andy is wealth of knowledge and I enjoy picking his bran every chance I get. Congrats on the clowns hatch!

Andy is doing some really cool things up at Roger Williams University. As soon as I can break away I am taking a trip up there to spend a couple days in their lab. Andy is wealth of knowledge and I enjoy picking his bran every chance I get. Congrats on the clowns hatch!

Thanks Larry!  I actually spoke to you briefly at MACNA.  Hoping to try out your new blend when it becomes available.

Thanks Larry!  I actually spoke to you briefly at MACNA.  Hoping to try out your new blend when it becomes available.

The first few hundred packs were produced this week and pre-orders begin shipping Monday!

B319B082-E5D1-4145-AD79-8EFC01A19007_zps

• 2 weeks later...

I can only imagine. When I first got into the hobby I was hoping they were as easy as cichlids. Nope!

awesome patterns for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

awesome patterns for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This.

Looks like your hard work is paying off congrats!

• 1 month later...