Places in MD for quality frags and fish

NightOwl

Hey I have recently moved to MD (Capitol Heights) and still have not gotten a chance to explore my surroundings fully.  I know quality is subjective so if people could just PM the places they visit on a regualr basis I would greatly apreciate it. I have a few Saturdays about to open up and will try to get out and see what is out there.

Thanks in advance

King of Corals in Frederick, MD and Exotic Reef Creations in Urbana, MD are 2 of my favorites.

But also not sure if you are aware but MACNA will be here in D.C. in just a little less than 2 weeks where you be able to shop from some of the biggest vendors in the country.

2nd for King of Corals.

The Marine Scene has a pretty sweet setup if your ever in Northern Virginia.

Thanks I will add these to my list....Saturday is shaping up to be pretty busy :).

22bfan...we moved from Ashburn :) which I miss...lol.  Hopefully once things get settled I will have some new "go to" places in MD,

Thanks six-line...I will add these to my list as well.  Looks like in MD places are a little further away from me that I had initially thought so may be able to try one a week instead of two.

Contact gws3 on here. Graham is his name. A lot of high end corals and frags. Very respected seller on here

2nd for King of Corals.

The Marine Scene has a pretty sweet setup if your ever in Northern Virginia.

As far as stores the above would be my local go to. King of corals always has a sale and good frags, marine scene is quality but pricey. Also note there are a lot of people on here who will sell you good frags at great prices. You can always throw out what you are looking for in the WTB member forum and people will reach out to you if they have what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea since I moved I am mainly looking for places I can ride out on a Sat or Sun and just look for some cool things.  I am ways away from getting my new tank but like to start looking so I can start making my list. 

The 2 closest LFS to Capitol Heights, MD are Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring (previously mentioned) and Quantum Reefs in Springfiled, VA. QR is my favorite LFS. They have a good variety of healthy livestock and have the biggest inventory of dry goods of all the LFS in the area. Tropical Lagoon has a nice variety of fish.

House of Tropicals has a lot of fish. CTE aquatics is pretty far and I've only been there once. Marine Scene is $$$. Case in point, $95.99 for a Flame Angel at Marine Scene vs. $49.99-$69.99 at other LFS.

cpu933k - thanks for putting the distance into perspective.  I have only been to QR a few times but the guys there are pretty good.  Tropical Lagoon is think is on Georgia Ave and is the place where I found the the guy who sold me my first saltwater tank (2004).  Its been all downhill...since then...lol.