Possible leak in bc29

Rachell3210

Uggggg seems like if it's not one thing it's another with one of my tanks lately. The latest of my woes I need help with . Yesterday I woke up to 3 or 4 gallons missing out of my biocube 29 and all in my stand and on the floor. Come to find out the hose that goes from the return pump to the nozzle to the display had somehow managed to wiggle itself loose. In turn spraying all the water up and out the back of the lid. Had to empty the tank down to the sand and a 1/4 inch or so of water, putting everything in a rubbermaid. Took the tank off the stand so I could hose out the stand and dry it out. . . Noticed a tiny puddle on the table I had put the tank on. Didn't think anything of it and wiped it up... A few hours later and after moving it around a few times a smaller puddle, maybe 10 drops max was there.. Upon further inspection I discovered a few spots on the outside seal of the front glass are leaking.. More like weeping Than actual leaking..... How do I fix this.. Do I have to reseal just the outside? Or both inside and outside? Also I know it is known for water to get between the bottom glass and the plastic when the tank overflows or leaks from the top. Could this be the cause? If so do I need to take any actions, or will it eventually just dry up if there are no more spraying incidents?

had a BC29. Moving any tank with even sand in it may stress the joints. TRY sealing it from outside. if it doesn't work then, yes, you are going to have to empty it completely and seal from inside.

I'm going to reseal both in and out just to be safe. But do I just do up until the plastic peice that separates the front and back? If not how do I reach to know I have a good seal.

I'm going to reseal both in and out just to be safe. But do I just do up until the plastic peice that separates the front and back? If not how do I reach to know I have a good seal.

not sure I understand the question but more is better with the sealant

I don't have the bc 29 but i have resealed the 75g tank before. i scrubbed off the old silicon and clean it with alcohol. Then resealed the inside with new silicon. So far so good, no more leaking for over 3 yrs now.

Have you confirmed its leaking now that its been awhile? When I was washing a framed tank I would find what I thought was a small leak. It turned out to just be water trapped in the plastic frame.