Camera

Irishblitz

Sorry if this question has been asked before however, what's the best camera for taking pictures of corals under the water? Looking to spend below 250. I have a few good quality corals but can't get the right pictures with my iPhone.

You will need to find a camera that can do white balance in order to get good shots.  I doubt there are any in the price range you are looking for.  Best option for you IMO is use gel filters with your iphone.  They will cost you at most $10 and will help you get the pictures your looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gel-Filters-for-cell-phone-photography-of-saltwater-aquariums-Muti-tint-/261970621087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cfeaa729f

You might be able to find an old cannon or Nikon dslr for the price range. I bout a Nikon d70 with kit lense for 300 about 5 years ago. I'd think they are still around that price.

You will need to find a camera that can do white balance in order to get good shots.  I doubt there are any in the price range you are looking for.  Best option for you IMO is use gel filters with your iphone.  They will cost you at most $10 and will help you get the pictures your looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gel-Filters-for-cell-phone-photography-of-saltwater-aquariums-Muti-tint-/261970621087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cfeaa729f

Appreciate the eBay site, and I will look into that for a quick solution.

You might be able to find an old cannon or Nikon dslr for the price range. I bout a Nikon d70 with kit lense for 300 about 5 years ago. I'd think they are still around that price.

What about the go pro camera? Any thoughts, if I need to go a little high in cost I wouldn't have an issue.

I stand corrected after reading the reef article as this is what you suggested. I'll try this out and see what happens.

what's the best camera for taking pictures of corals under the water? Looking to spend below 250.

You wont get the best for below $250, unless you find a deal of a lifetime.

Depends how serious you want to get, I've really started learning my way around the camera since I started reefing, and for some, it turns into a whole new hobby. I've got an old Nikon D90, and it gets the job done.