YHSublime Office Nano

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. I see why you love it so much. The nems are beautiful!

And where do I go to find a picture of the second bulldog?

b286ae8287d57c041f798623ede36a0c.jpg

47bd1d1b269201639577d4587cb9420e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When's the tang going in?

After this Regal finds a spot. I hope it chooses the right side, that's closest to my work station.

• 2 weeks later...

407158337bff518e9394092416a64f65.jpg

0f7ef6949e199f7cbcc9cf689a6bb434.jpg

ae889d4a466d38e83e6403849d131490.jpg

Still all with the phone, still rocking.

c4912f80998256054a1fd7584292249a.jpg

Here is a rock nem that is coloring up super nice. I think it's s Rock nem, the tentacles on it are tiered, I've not seen that before.

Lookin good in the hood!

Thanks man! I'm going to have to do a water change Monday, and while I'm at it, scrape the glass, I've got some mean algae starting. Part of me wants to keep it dirty, and maybe stop running carbon. I'm not doing anything special for the clam, and it seems to be doing well.

Borneman anemone...

Thanks for the suspense! I did a little research on this, and it's got a pretty cool club history!

The tank is really awesome and makes saltwater look so easy with so much in such a small tank

Thanks, Nathan! It is easy in such a small aquarium!

How did I miss this? Great tank Isaac!

Thanks! It's been a fun build!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isaac, how much evap/top-off are you seeing these days? Looking good...and easy...which is great

I've got a pint glass on my desk, and I use it for top offs from a bucket of RO I keep under the desk. I usually add a cup a week, maybe a cup and a half. 24oz tops. There is hardly any evaporation, and when I do add my top off water, it's all at once.

I did a water change this morning. It took me a long time to even want to make water at home to bring in, but I had a bit of time last night and remembered to mix up the salt before I went to bed. This go around, I brought in a razorblade, and I scraped the tank clean, I also polished the glass for the first time since it's been in the office. Every time I do a water change, I have to arrange the zoanthids back up again, because they have gotten knocked around by snails or the crabs. Some of them are on domes, and others on plugs, so it's hit or miss on what gets to stay upright for a month. Everything is looking great, and my brittle star population is explosive, probably due to my recent feeding of frozen vs. pellets in such a contained system. My goal is to create enough waste and food from high light, that the clam will be fine without spot feedings. I don't know how success in this will be gaged, as I've already lost one of the two baby clams, and I've only had them since MACNA, so maybe a month and a half?

I'm intrigued with the shape and size of this tank, and love the top view. With the glass and water being so clear right now, it's almost like a floating box. I snapped some pictures of my various zoanthids and other creatures resting my phone on the top glass. I also took a quick video.

8229317b969e682babbcc1fae6f4b4bb.jpg

22eb952215e028eeddfc93d1d1a314c3.jpg

b6be338cb31c4d1b9e57d6fca2f42886.jpg

31269a5ff327772fdff6614e18e0cfe9.jpg

ff1a86f61b6788989f0083b77e0798ff.jpg

81a12dd1957a59be14970b10ebc8dd8f.jpg

4d5423b16197a621cd7b25cd835fe3fc.jpg

https://vimeo.com/142544786

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really cool stuff going on in this box! Do your office mates look or have interest in the tank? It seems when we have people over at the house people take a quick look at the tank and that's it. Kindof shocks me

Really cool stuff going on in this box! Do your office mates look or have interest in the tank? It seems when we have people over at the house people take a quick look at the tank and that's it. Kindof shocks me

I get people take long deep looks at my tank when they stop by but that just might be because its normally after the bar.

is that a rock nem?

Yes. It was bleached when I got it, and has been from a half dollar size, to a dime size. I found it attached to gravel on the other side of my tank, so I pulled it out and put it under a spot that is getting blasted with light. I hope it opens up and stays there, but there are 4 different types of anemones in this tank, so who knows.

Part of the reason I like this tank so much is because of the involvement of my co-workers. I get e-mail updates if I'm not in the office, and if anything seems out of place, text messages. I also get notifications that my office mates have fed the tank if they stop by on the weekend and fed. They really love the cleaner shrimp, and the RBTA's. They were more interested in the Onyx Clown I had in their previously than the two Plats I've added. We also have thousands of volunteers come through every year, and if they see it, they are usually very intrigued or impressed. We also have children that like to stop in and check it out. I get more participation from these 6 gallons than I ever got from a 180 at home!

I get people take long deep looks at my tank when they stop by but that just might be because its normally after the bar.

Trade one neon light for another.

• 3 weeks later...

Obligatory Friday shot9dbd735161c93375791ec5862da14d39.jpg

That's a pile of nem.

Yeah, they do well right under the xho reefbrite

Baby snails spotted. Lot going on in this pic, blue legged hermit, clam, snails.

76876d23812a5d370c92c9a5ba8b7b87.jpg

My entire bed of gravel is littered with starfish

b0af4fda7f77448a809c7084502d5772.jpg

Maybe I'll clean the glass this week.