How long did your Gyre last ?

DCReefer1964

Well it has been only 7 months and my controller is flashing RED !!!! I place the old Tunze back on line, and the Jebao is still running strong. Maxspect hype ! IMO Chime in with your comments. 

A month in now but I churned through two full sets of blades until I built covers to keep the small snails out. Excellent performance but the design needs a bit of work.

You should have a 12 month warranty on it, so it sounds like it is probably still covered, you are in luck!

That being said, here is a fun fact from the Coralvue Blog.

I was observing my aquarium and noticed that the gyre was off and the controller was displaying a red light? What do I do?

The gyre comes with a safety mechanism build into the controller. There are two potential pump damaging events that the controller needs to protect the pump against. The first is when the pump is running dry, the second is when there are obstacles getting stuck in the rotor which could destroy the blades. The first event is detected by the electricity current suddenly dropping due to no water resistance as the pump runs dry. The second event is detected by the sudden surge of electricity current due to the increased resistance from the foreign obstacle. If the controller detects either of the two events, it will automatically shut down the pump and notify us of the error by displaying the red light.

You should have a 12 month warranty on it, so it sounds like it is probably still covered, you are in luck!

That being said, here is a fun fact from the Coralvue Blog.

I was observing my aquarium and noticed that the gyre was off and the controller was displaying a red light? What do I do?

The gyre comes with a safety mechanism build into the controller. There are two potential pump damaging events that the controller needs to protect the pump against. The first is when the pump is running dry, the second is when there are obstacles getting stuck in the rotor which could destroy the blades. The first event is detected by the electricity current suddenly dropping due to no water resistance as the pump runs dry. The second event is detected by the sudden surge of electricity current due to the increased resistance from the foreign obstacle. If the controller detects either of the two events, it will automatically shut down the pump and notify us of the error by displaying the red light.

Ye s, Thank You I have read that Blog. These units are very sensitive to calcium build-up. Your average vinegar bath is not enough. The unit must be fully disassembled and cleaned. This is not you father's Oldsmobile (Tunze) Awaiting Coralvue's reply.