MACNA 2015- Time to Sign Up and Volunteer!

DaveS

when will we receive more info on the roles that are selected for us? also, i never received a confirmation that my info was accepted/correct. I don't want to be the one who has the survey filled out wrong...lol.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just filled out my survey.  I am interested in volunteering anywhere but IT.  I have already requested off work for the weekend!  

Thanks,

Jennifer Turner

Thanks, Jennifer. 

Wow, volunteering already after only 2 posts! I'm impressed and very grateful. Thank you!

when will we receive more info on the roles that are selected for us? also, i never received a confirmation that my info was accepted/correct. I don't want to be the one who has the survey filled out wrong...lol.

We are trying very hard to get an initial schedule worked up. Until recently, we didn't have enough open roles available to even try. With MACNA just around the corner, it's time to ask for volunteers. We received your survey and you are definitely going to get a role. Thanks!

I filled out the survey and would be willing to drive up a day early if I can help before and after the activities. I'm usually running the show and would like to enjoy some of it this year. You know I put on my own show every year and can help a ton. I also have helped put on Dell World for the last 5 years and several conferences before that. Please feel free to call 757-202-4047 or email bmace at bmace.com or PM me.

Yes, it's great to get volunteers who aren't even members!  Just make a note under screen name and we will figure it out.  We are up to 25 responses, about 18 of which are good. 

Remember, if you don't select times and roles, we may be limited in how we can use your help!

Thanks.

How would we know if our response wasn't good?

(edited)

Any updates? I haven't heard anything.

If you want you can give YHSublime a message, he is the volunteer coordinator (at least I believe he is =X). However they are still working on schedules (I myself have not heard anything either) so you have not been forgotten, they are just busy trying to make this all work.

Edited by Squishie89

Any updates? I haven't heard anything.

If you want you can give YHSublime a message, he is the volunteer coordinator (at least I believe he is =X). However they are still working on schedules (I myself have not heard anything either) so you have not been forgotten, they are just busy trying to make this all work.

Yes, Jessica is correct.  Please review items 2 and 3 in the initial post.

We are still working things out.  The problem with volunteer organizers and an event of this magnitude is that you can't just pull it off with 1-2 really motivated people.  We have a much larger group and when you get to those numbers, it's hard for everyone to be in sync and match schedules for much needed planning.

The original plan is to have the schedule about a month before the event which would mean in ~3 weeks.  We may release a first draft earlier but in reality, that schedule probably won't mean much because new requirements are still coming in, people will want changes to their schedule, and other adjustments will need to be made.  

Nonetheless, we will probably release a first draft just to give everyone an idea of what is going on.  We just need everyone to realize that changes will need to be made along the way and remain flexible.  

Thanks for everyone's patience.  We really are working on getting things going.

Thanks, Dave! Well put! And if you haven't done so, take the survey, please!

The original plan is to have the schedule about a month before the event which would mean in ~3 weeks.  We may release a first draft earlier but in reality, that schedule probably won't mean much because new requirements are still coming in, people will want changes to their schedule, and other adjustments will need to be made.  

I was wondering if you are going to let people know if they are selected or not?  I have filled out the survey but have not heard back about it. 

Only a few posts above yours...

Only a few posts above yours...

That is for a schedule. I just am wondering if I need to bother buying Macna tickets or not.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You should definitely buy tickets.  The way the process is designed to work, is that people will be refunded their ticket costs based on how much time they've put into the volunteer phase. See quoted text below for more details:

Here's the volunteer compensation / reward schedule again. If you can give a few hours to the MACNA project, please do so. We really need your help.

Get a T-shirt, get raffle tickets, get a free year of WAMAS membership, get reimbursed for a conference pass... just volunteer.

Take the volunteer survey.

gallery_2631296_685_35952.jpg

Do High school students get to add MACNA volunteer hours to their "Community Hours"  ?

Do High school students get to add MACNA volunteer hours to their "Community Hours" ?

You need to work that out with your counselor, I think. If there is something that we can do to help you earn credit, please let me know.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Updated my survey to include more time to try and help out.

Thank you. It really helps to have people volunteering for more shifts. Besides the added help, it allows us to assign more involves roles since we know they will have more than 1 shift to learn/use them.

I just filled out the survey.  It is a small price to volunteer some time to the moderators and WAMAS officers who have given so much to this hobby and to me personally.  

Filled the survey out, don't have a ton of free time but I may be able to update to include some time on Friday also. Need to work out with my wife when we can show up or whether I may be able to arrive before she does since she has to work that Friday.

(edited)

Survey completed for myself along with my girlfriend.  Added the notation after my username for her survey.  : )

Edited by HgrReefs