Proper way to Assemble Turbelle Pump Shaft

Guest oracleoca

Guest oracleoca

I heard an alarm and immediately took apart my Tunze Turbelle Pump 6100 yesterday and I soaked it overnight in vinegar solution. I am trying to reassemble the drive unit and I cannot seem to get it right. The pump stops each time I plug in the power. So, what is the proper way to reassemble this pump so it will work again? I did it in this order:

red o-ring seal

upper bearing

magnetic rotor, brake shoes, drive shaft (this is all one piece)

bearing bush

hydro propeller

Do I need to turn the brake shoes somehow before installing the bearing bush or what? No matter what I try, I cannot get it to work. I have dealing with this for two hours now and am getting annoyed.

Basically, it cannot spin but the motor does get warm.

One thing to note, the M4x16mm screw head broke off so I am sliding on the hydro propeller without really securing it in place. I also tried another brand new drive unit to no avail. There was no hydro propeller or screw that came with it. This new unit does not allow for a screw; it is solid plastic with a angled slit in it.

Please help...

Janie

Guest oracleoca

Update: the pump shaft is trying to spin because I feel the vibration but it is not spinning.

Are you sure you do not have the brake shoes upside down?

That will prevent them from retracking completely although they will appear to be.

Turn it backwards and watch the movement.

Guest oracleoca

I tried it both ways: turn it backwards so you cannot pull it out, and simply slide it in where you could easily retract it, then I installed the bearing bush. I tried two different drive shafts. Could the engine/motor block be bad even though I feel vibration from it.

I tried it both ways: turn it backwards so you cannot pull it out, and simply slide it in where you could easily retract it, then I installed the bearing bush. I tried two different drive shafts. Could the engine/motor block be bad even though I feel vibration from it.

if the motor is vibrating id think its trying to kick on...might be a stupid question but did try scrubbing the magnet as well? my experience with them is that if it collect calcium you need a good scrubbing along with the soak.... hope it helps.

Sean

Guest oracleoca

Yes, I soaked the everything in a vinegar solution and I scrubbed the pieces with a sponge and warm water. It is completely clean with no mineral deposits whatsoever. Plus I tried a brand new drive shaft unit out of the bag.

Sean, did you get my email regarding my coral request?

Thanks

Dont push it all the way down in :) If you just let it rest where it wants (no real force from you).. it should work

Dave

FYI - If you go to the Tunze forum @ Reef Central the first post is in regards to this issue.