David's Sr-80 reef

If you're looking for movement throughout the water column and a curious, brave, peaceful personality any type of fang blenny would be worth consideration. They're very active, inquisitive fish... about as 'reef safe' as you can get ... and get along with pretty any fish except other fang blennies. Very cool, underrated fish. Personally, I can't imagine having a tank without one. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Things are coming along great. I had to use some red sea Aptasia-x on a couple of tiny aptasia. The worst of my problems are vermetid snails. But they are not so bad.

All the LPS and soft corals are continuing to grow. I have only a couple of SPS. I lost some small heads of rainbow frogspawn to vermetid snails.

I don't dose anything and do a water change once a month or so. I change out the filter socks every week and clean the skimmer cup at the same time. I use the mag float with the razor attachment to clean the glass. I don't have any cyano or algae issues. No bubble algae or hair algae. No cyanobacteria outbreaks. I feed every day rods reef food frozen food. I am not able to add any fish or shrimp or clam. I blame it on the fishes I have which are a mystery wrasse and a kole tang. There is no point of buying a shrimp or fish where there is little hope of survival. I need to get some newer pics up.

David

• 1 year later...