Bio load question

Newfishgirl

I added a male mandarin to my tank today and I think I may have hit or maxed my bio load. What do you think?

Juv Orange shoulder tang, < 6"

Juv Desjardini < 5"

2 juv clowns both under 2"

1 chromis, 3"

1 yellow tail damsel 1.5"

Zebra goby

Lawnmower blenny

Male and female dragonet

I have a huge clean up crew. Running a biodenitrator, Eshopp 350 protein skimmer and will be setting up a GFO reactor. It's a 75 gallon with about 100+ of live rock. Once the tangs get bigger, I will be selling if I don't get a bigger tank.

And I have this guy but not sure if the he has a big foot print or not. It's a hermit

03433e96c13bf5f971e48e1f5f86d2a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your tangs are to big for your 75 already. I'm surprised you don't have aggression issues. Aside from that, I'd say your doing alright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your tangs are to big for your 75 already. I'm surprised you don't have aggression issues. Aside from that, I'd say your doing alright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are really good together. I was nervous that they would hate each other but they are happy together.

So besides from the tangs being too big for the tank, do you mean that many fish is okay for now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's the nitrate level of the tank? that's the best way to determine if bio-load is too high. If N03 is above 20ppm and you can't get it lower and still feed the fish appropriately, then the bio-load is too high.

A common mistake is to pack the tank with fish and deal with the problems that arise from that- too high n03, aggression, territorialism, etc.

The old rule of thumb for saltwater tanks was 1" of fish per 5g of water. Fish are measured vertically and horizontally. Your 6" tangs are 10" fish according to this rule. 75g= 15" of fish. You have nearly 3x the recommended amount of fish....