sea cucumber reproduction?

AlanM

Today I could hear a little bit of water trickling which means I need to adjust my full siphon pipe in my beananimal setup.  I was curious about how blocked the flow might be inside the overflow box which sits at the top of the back of my tank, so I got a flashlight to look at it.  Inside the box I saw a small tiger tail sea cucumber up there in the box moving around the piles of aiptasia I have up there.  

I kind of can't understand how it could get up there.  I've never seen one climb a wall or float through the water.  Do they somehow spread eggs and it might have hatched up there?  Do they get bothered by aiptasia or has anyone ever seen one eating aiptasia?  That's about all that is up there in that box aside from the occasional snail shell that I try to pull out.

Weird. Wasn't yours producing at a rapid rate anyways?

Weird. Wasn't yours producing at a rapid rate anyways?

Sure was.  I seem to be the cucumber whisperer.  Want one at the meeting?

Sure was.  I seem to be the cucumber whisperer.  Want one at the meeting?

I'm barebottom for life, or else I'd say yes! I'd probably manage to kill it anyways!

Tiger tail cucumber.  I started with one and was up to four because they keep splitting.  I think I have three or four now after getting rid of one.  I like them for keeping the sand clean, but they like to keep their butts in the rocks and venture out with their mouths, which results in the sand all moving towards the back and the tank bottom exposed in the front.