Polyurethane and Carpet

NovaReefer

Okay, so I finally finished my stand stain and all.  I put the poly on a little over 24 hours ago.  How long until I can put it on my basement carpet??  I got the Minwax Fast Dry Poly and it says 7 days, but that seems extreme??

Someone let me know what you think.

Water based polyurethane usually dries in a day, oil based dries in 2-3 days.  You can check the label or smell it.  The oil based smells a lot worse.  It can actually cause brain damage so make sure the room is well ventilated on a warm day like today.

Dry to the touch is the best part.  If it is at all sticky then I wouldn't advise putting weight on it.  You might press a thumbnail into it, if it has any gumminess to the coating then I'd wait another day.  If you can't feel any gummy with your fingernail then I think you are safe to put it on your carpet.

Dry to the touch is the best part.  If it is at all sticky then I wouldn't advise putting weight on it.  You might press a thumbnail into it, if it has any gumminess to the coating then I'd wait another day.  If you can't feel any gummy with your fingernail then I think you are safe to put it on your carpet.

Yeah it passed the test.  I finally put it in the house last night.  Thanks again!