Front LCD brightness on Evergrow IT2040's

Hey everyone,

I had a question for all of you that own Evergrow’s.

As the title states, the it2040’s front LCD is bright and the fact that the lights (I own two) are located in my “bedroom” (I rent a studio apt) doesn't help. My question is, has anyone built or modified the LCD to be able to dim or be covered?

I think I've become immune to the light bleed since I’ve always had an aquarium in my bedroom but I've noticed that when I have friends or family stay over, they always comment about the how bright it still is even with all the lights off.

I’m sure I could slap some black duct tape over it and call it done but I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas.

Thanks,

Brandon

how about a small piece of solid black plactic or acrylic cut to size and doulble sided velcro on the edge,  that way you can just remove and do any changes and cover back up

Hold the left arrow button for a couple of seconds to turn off the LCD display. I think hitting the left arrow again will turn it back on.

Face them the other direction

Hold the left arrow button for a couple of seconds to turn off the LCD display. I think hitting the left arrow again will turn it back on.

Thank you ronl...I just tried this and it worked...I could of sworn I read the entire "manual".

Face them the other direction

Not as aesthetically pleasing since the power cord attached on the top near the back. Plus then the wall gets lit up.

I just confirmed on mine that holding the left arrow key turns the display off and also turns it back on. Only need to hold it for about a second. Plus you can turn the display off from your bed with the remote if you forget to turn it off before laying down.

Thank you ronl...I just tried this and it worked...I could of sworn I read the entire "manual".

No problem. Seems we were typing at the same time. I kind of wish the display could be programmed to dim at specified times like the display on a Reefkeeper controller.

yes, sir. nice and convenient way to turn it off.

I don't think it's listed in the manual so don't feel bad ;) it can be hard to understand, anyway. good thing is they are very intuitive and have hidden features like that which I try to teach folks when they pick up lights. enjoy!

I don't think it's listed in the manual so don't feel bad ;) it can be hard to understand, anyway. good thing is they are very intuitive and have hidden features like that which I try to teach folks when they pick up lights. enjoy!

I'm just pissed its been almost a year and I couldn't figure it out, haha.