…and six months later

ChrisTran

Thank you for your kind words!

I had a system crash on May 10th due to a 30 hr power outage.  The damage was devastating and i lost most of my fish, all collective SPS, all clams and couple multi head scolies.  I moved all my giganteas and hadonnis to the 150g tank and converted it to anemone clownfish harem tank.  For this tank, i added couple roses and a red base ritteri anemone, coupling with Don's Picasso babies. 

Tank as of last tonight

gallery_728_1_42442.jpg

Anemoes

gallery_728_1_357302.jpg

Doni's Picasso Babies.  These guys are a little over 2 months old and the last white bar is still filling in.

gallery_728_1_249394.jpg

gallery_728_1_254193.jpg

Thanks for looking

Chris,

I feel for your loss.

That would really hurt me.

Have you been able to update your emergency backup power situation?

I have a power inverter and a deep cycle marine battery and a battery charger.  You should get at least this much.  I also have a battery backup for one of my MP40.

The tank looks great.

That is one nice tank. Got a pic of your filtration system? How do you keep your water clean?

I was able to find couple older pics of my filtration system.  This pic shows the left side of my 150g and part of the fish room.  The sump pumps water to the skimmer which exits out to a 20g refugium before gravity feeds into the 45g tank.

DSC_0079.jpg 

Here is the right side of the 150g where the water drains into the 45g on the other side of the wall.

DSC_0085.jpg

Chris,

I feel for your loss.

That would really hurt me.

Have you been able to update your emergency backup power situation?

I have a power inverter and a deep cycle marine battery and a battery charger.  You should get at least this much.  I also have a battery backup for one of my MP40.

The tank looks great.

Things happen!.  I guess i have been in the hobby long enough to experience the good and the bad of the hobby.

I have a 10 hr backup battery and a generator in case the power goes out for an extended period of time.  I also automated my system as much as i could so that i sometime don't even need to check my tanks for couple days.  Things happen when you least expect it.  The circuit in the basement tripped without my notice, and 60% of my live stocks were killed.

Chris,

Seriously awesome the way you recovered! I am really sorry about the tank crash and the loss!!!!!! The bonsai tank looks awesome!!!!

i kind of change my direction a little.  I converted the sps tank to a carpet clownfish tank.  I have 2 hadonnis, 4 gigs, 1 mentern and 1 malu with 20 clowns.  The smaller tank is ok the way it is.  I may add couple more clownfish.  I will need your help hooking me up with some nice one.

• 9 months later...