Weazl's 50g mixed, uhh, something

madweazl

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good! I got mine today. Little deep in the external, but I guess for the price, the bulkheads alone are nearly half the cost, no complaints.

Got it pretty dang level first try with 1/16" variation :). Well, It's 2 3/8" shy of full because the return bulkheads arent capped so it's conceivable it could move a bit more.

What did you end up using to level out your tank? I ended up doing some home brewing to level mine but if theres a more appropriate way to do it I def will.

Looks like your moving along nicely. Looks good

Looks sweet

Got both of the QTs up and running with lights now. Still have to clean up the wires and figure out what I'm going to do for the lids. The tanks are made by Nisso Japan and come with a filter that sits above the tank that could be turned into a fantastic refugium but in my infinite wisdom, I elected not to buy that part. I could probably have a buddy send me a pair of them and I could rig up something pretty cool (hate when you think up good ideas months after the fact). 

I was using GEX heaters out there and they were pretty cool; they have an external controller and temp probe with very small heating elements. The 150w is about 6" long and the 300w is about 8" (ya, better hope they dont fail or the QTs will incinerate in no time :lol: ). I'm thinking I might be able to use the controllers on the 150w Jager's I ordered for the DT until the Reef Angel comes in though (or even use all three thermostats, I love redundancy). 

After looking at all of the Panorama Pros, I only have two strips (out of seven total) that are fully functional. The earlier versions (which I had/have) were very fragile when it came to water touching the LED; a tiny splash from a small bubble would kill an LED yet the fixture could fall in the water and be completely submerged without issue (never did figure that out :lol: ). They changed the design a while back and started putting a cover over the individual LEDs (I have set of these from warranty replacement) and this cured the problem. I'll probably order another pair of blue/magentas as I had good results with these on small tanks in the past and I have all the dimmers and power supplies for them (at least six of each so if somebody needs one I have extras). 

15g QTs

qt_zpsns7pp2nf.jpg

Do the Pros use the same power supplies and dimmers as the stunner strips? If so I could def use some.

Do the Pros use the same power supplies and dimmers as the stunner strips? If so I could def use some.

Yes, all the same stuff. Each power supply can power up to three strips. They sell two and three way connectors. Pretty sure I have four power supplies and at least as many three way splitters along with a dimmer for all six or seven strips I have (or had as the case may be for most of them).

(edited)

Couple more goodies arrived today. Hoping to finish up the plumbing this weekend but it probably wont happen. I'm going to grind down one pole on the plugs to see how they'll work with the external GEX controllers. If they end up playing nice, I'll have some added security with Eheim reliability and an external controller.

pipe_zps2xhpynj0.jpg

Edited by madweazl

Tried the Eheim on the GEX controller but it was a no go :( More motivation to get the Reef Angel I guess :lol: I'm seriously tempted to order another GEX 150 from Japan though (I have a 150 and 300 but would much rather run dual 150s); they have a much smaller footprint than all the other heaters I've seen with the added benefit of an external controller and probe.

• 4 weeks later...

No updates for now. Lots of traveling for work lately and got sidetracked with bass season approaching. I have to order a few bulkheads and actually plumb the thing. I'll get the stuff ordered this week and get back to work :)

Got the stuff ordered! Will need to pick up a few things locally (would have got it all here but Home Depots selection in Woodbridge is dismal).

Got the stuff ordered! Will need to pick up a few things locally (would have got it all here but Home Depots selection in Woodbridge is dismal).

I usually have better luck with lowes, but I hear that HD's stock quality in PVC is better, I can't remember where I heard that though. I should have gotten in on it with you. I just posted I was looking for a gate valve, the price seems double local than BRS.

Doh, sorry. I didnt even bother to check if there was a group buy in the works (get impulsive sometimes). I could probably edit the order and add a gate valve if you want?

Doh, sorry. I didnt even bother to check if there was a group buy in the works (get impulsive sometimes). I could probably edit the order and add a gate valve if you want?

Thanks! I found one on Amazon Prime and put in the order, looks like I might just have to wait till Wednesday.