Weazl's 50g mixed, uhh, something

madweazl

Which power supply did you get? I have a 3 year old Waveline dc6000 as well and wanted to pick up a back-up power supply just in case.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, cpu933k said:

Which power supply did you get? I have a 3 year old Waveline dc6000 as well and wanted to pick up a back-up power supply just in case.

This one. 

So, the new power supply worked great, for a couple hours. Watched a movie, came back into the office and the pump was dead again. I suspect something is wrong with the pump itself which is causing the failure at the power supply. 

Ordered an Eheim 1262 to replace; should work out on the 150g as well but if the flow isnt good enough, I'll figure something out. The DC pumps are convenient but most of 'em are pretty much garbage. 

Looks like our tiger pistol shrimp has croaked; it was pretty good size when we picked it up and survived 32 months here. Havent found much on the subject but 2-3 years is reportedly average for other alpheus species. Poor goby is homeless. 

I saw it about 30 minutes after a got home from BRK with a new tiger pistol shrimp; seems to always happen that way. 

• 4 weeks later...

Nice r2r feature
ce88435264e21e3dd3478eac39876708.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the heck is that from?

Reef 2 Reefs Instagram account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Planet
48063140572_416096bec5_h.jpg
SC Orange Passion and Hawkin's Blue Echinata
48063140902_8f8e3aac64_h.jpg
Vivid Rainbow Delight (has endured a number of changes and hasnt had much chance to color up)
48063043921_1773874e6f_h.jpg
GARF Bansai
48063091963_e144acc512_h.jpg
Yellow tip austera
48063044821_3bb35eb42f_h.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Zero post processing color correction; really getting the A7ii dialed in now! Cant wait to get some appropriate glass and tweak it a little further. Show in RAW with post processing tweaks to exposure and contrast. 

48683473473_44ea834766_h.jpg

On the negative side, I accidentally deleted all of the corals photos in my flickr account when I trying to organize it :( Might have a lot of dead photos in this thread now. 

That lepto is looking real nice. Wish I had the space to mess around with some of that encrusting stuff. About a year ago I chipped off some Jedi Mind Trick Monty that I thought I had completely gotten rid of, of course it's sprouting up in several spots now.

Great photo as well, nothing like getting your camera dialed in. Flickr recently started muscling me into signing up for a paid account, seems I'm close to my free 1000 pictures. Photobucket destroyed a lot of my old build threads with their recklessness, it's left me wary of paying for 3rd party hosting services. If Tapatalk still did video, I'd consider it, but recently R2R stopped allowing their capability, seems they are selling customers information. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like both of my build threads are dead; none of the pictures are there any more :( I was able to save a bunch from my posts on R2R to rebuild a lot of it (and preserve the memories). Still cant believe I deleted everything. 

22 minutes ago, ImGoingCoastal said:

That's horrible! Sorry to hear! Did you contact the company? They may be able to restore from a backup.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

The links would remain broken regardless. I have most of the originals still. 

On 9/5/2019 at 12:43 PM, madweazl said:

Zero post processing color correction; really getting the A7ii dialed in now! Cant wait to get some appropriate glass and tweak it a little further. Show in RAW with post processing tweaks to exposure and contrast. 

48683473473_44ea834766_h.jpg

On the negative side, I accidentally deleted all of the corals photos in my flickr account when I trying to organize it :( Might have a lot of dead photos in this thread now. 

That is gorgeous!  The build is coming along nicely again, even if there aren't any photos!  Give me a couple months, and then let me know if you have a frag of this!  I'd love this in my tank!