Weazl's 50g mixed, uhh, something

madweazl

(edited)

Stopped by BRK on the way home from the airport and picked up a pair of nice acros. 

Strawberry Shortcake

34520322064_d677008524_b.jpg

Unknown but similar in appearance to Reef Raft's Wolverine (yellow with deep red polyps)

34553183983_944f4a9e62_b.jpg

Also grabbed a firefish, tailspot blenny, and diamond goby my wife had to have. 

Edited by madweazl

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)

Maintenance performed:

dKH - 7.8 (adding "dash" of baking soda/gallon of top off). Will increase dose going forward. 

Ca - 432

PO4 - .034 (dosing 1.4ml vodka daily)

Wavemakers inspected and cleaned

Made minor adjustments to Reef Angel sketch:

- Delay added for skimmer at start up (one minute).

- Changed wavemaker profile to alternate (two minutes) in Else mode vs both constantly on in Wave 1.

- Added sketch to Google Drive. 

Edited by madweazl

Guess I shouldnt have cleaned them; left side Jebao took a digger today. Ordered a replacement along with a few other odds and ends that I've needed. Also picked up a Kessil H80 for the refugium to cut down on light creep into the rest of the sump. Will require re-routing of the main pump but that should be fairly uneventful. 

Take it out and soak it in vinigar and hydrogen peroxide and scrub down the ceramic shaft with a toothbrush. Should be good as new assuming the controller is not burnt out.

Guess I shouldnt have cleaned them; left side Jebao took a digger today. Ordered a replacement along with a few other odds and ends that I've needed. Also picked up a Kessil H80 for the refugium to cut down on light creep into the rest of the sump. Will require re-routing of the main pump but that should be fairly uneventful.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Take it out and soak it in vinigar and hydrogen peroxide and scrub down the ceramic shaft with a toothbrush. Should be good as new assuming the controller is not burnt out.

Yesterday was a vinegar and bleach bath. Worked great for a couple hours before I went to bed but crapped out sometime after I left for work this morning. Controller and impeller are fine but motor assembly died. 

Yesterday was a vinegar and bleach bath. Worked great for a couple hours before I went to bed but crapped out sometime after I left for work this morning. Controller and impeller are fine but motor assembly died.

Ny bet is the ceramic shaft needs cleaned. The ends commonly get gummed up.

(edited)

Ny bet is the ceramic shaft needs cleaned. The ends commonly get gummed up.

I didnt partially clean, I cleaned it. That includes scrubbing down the shaft with a tooth brush and wiping it down. The left side impeller works fine when placed in the right side motor assembly and the left side controller operates the right side pump normally as well. The right side impeller doesn't work in the left side motor assembly. 

Edited by madweazl

Is the base purple? The polyps seem to be a bit different as well (shorter and puffier but tough to make out that much detail in the pics you posted). 

Yea, blennies are such meat heads and its location was great for composition (I need to leave the dSLR on a tripod next to the tank instead of continuing to snap them with the cell). 

Decided to re-home my LPS and the toadstool to make room for additional SPS. There are 10 acropora frags in there at the moment and with the additional room I should be able to add close to that number again without worrying about frying the other inhabitants. I'll try to snap some pics of the new guys later on this evening. 

Bah, too late to edit the post but here are some better quality images. 

35496085786_4f7bff12df_b.jpg

34725847573_04f197509c_b.jpg

34725847633_ce192685ab_b.jpg

34725847683_088e4436c9_b.jpg

34725847723_5bc7f88eb1_b.jpg

34725847793_744bf5a748_b.jpg

34725847863_ac52d555bc_b.jpg

The rest still suck so I'll have to continue working on those. 

Installed a Kessil H80 over the refugium. It substantially reduced light creap within the sump so I'm hopeful the skimmer chamber will be much easier to maintain now. As for the light itself, it has amazing spread! I need to find a way to lower it about four more inches. 

34767435353_9e6e4abcdc_k.jpg

Mayhem in the room tonight! Epleeds hooked me up with some beautiful frags this evening and the MP40s, battery backup, and a few other goodies arrived as well. Did a little testing of flow patterns but I'm pooped and want to go to bed. 

35599959335_edb164c7d1_k.jpg

The new guys (frags from epleeds). 

34778996514_46722108b3_b.jpg

35233597370_1e0c74fe72_h.jpg

35233597470_e005185dac_b.jpg

35580798236_cba2edd729_b.jpg

I cant get a decent angle of the undata from the outside of the tank but this at least shows the color so I can track it; lost a lot of color from the last time I got a frag from this colony so it will be interesting to see if it comes back or not. 

35580798186_7ff056f303_h.jpg

Frag I killed from the same colony (taken mid October)

29778929773_c824593b10_h.jpg