dipg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang dip. Tank looks sick

Thanks Jaime! Someday I will big colonies like your old tank.

Stunning Tank!! Very impressive

Thank you!

Looking great! So how exactly are you conquering flow with the unidirectional vortechs and the way you've placed them? its obviously working

Thanks. Good question. So on the left side I have mp60 which I run at about 60-70% reef crest mode. This pushes water perfectly fine all around but this also means I really can't place any SPS other than montipora on that first rock structure facing the the front side. The mp40 on the back wall is almost in the center of the tank. I knew how i was going to place the vortechs before I started my build so I knew I will have to have do something to have a flow on the right side as I didn't want to have anything on the right side which would block that view so I have return pump pumping water through derkroon water diverter and all the outlet are pointed to the right side from the top of the tank. The flow is not as powerful as vortech but it does the job.  

Thanks Jaime! Someday I will big colonies like your old tank.

Thank you!

Thanks. Good question. So on the left side I have mp60 which I run at about 60-70% reef crest mode. This pushes water perfectly fine all around but this also means I really can't place any SPS other than montipora on that first rock structure facing the the front side. The mp40 on the back wall is almost in the center of the tank. I knew how i was going to place the vortechs before I started my build so I knew I will have to have do something to have a flow on the right side as I didn't want to have anything on the right side which would block that view so I have return pump pumping water through derkroon water diverter and all the outlet are pointed to the right side from the top of the tank. The flow is not as powerful as vortech but it does the job.  

Derkroon is a new one on me...Got any pics of thatt setup? And what setting are you using on the mp40?  I have a newish 90 and one end (opposite corner overflow) is viewable along with the front...so I'm also trying to avoid a pump on that side viewing pane. I just don't have space behind the tank for an external vortech like you. 

Derkroon is a new one on me...Got any pics of thatt setup? And what setting are you using on the mp40?  I have a newish 90 and one end (opposite corner overflow) is viewable along with the front...so I'm also trying to avoid a pump on that side viewing pane. I just don't have space behind the tank for an external vortech like you. 

I don't have any pics but if you are coming for the winter meeting(and pick up your frags) then I am really close to that venue and you can stop by to check out how its been installed. Though I personally have not had any issues with derKroon but I have heard others having some issues but they were resolved by the company. In any case you could also go for Oceans Motions Wavemaker which is similar to derKroon.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Time for quick yearly update to this thread. I should so more frequent updates but I never get to it. Tank is doing ok though its been on autopilot for most of the year. I still do 2 part dosing (174ml each/day) and maintain the alk at around 7.5. Here are some of the pics which I recently took and the video to go with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4L7xz1lT2s

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Very nice! What level do you run your LEDs at? What t5 bulbs are you using?

I am currently using the Ecotech AB+ program at 100% intensity and 4 T5 bulbs (2 Coral plus, 2 Blue Plus) for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening when I get home. 

Glad to see everything is doing so well! Such an amazing tank!

Thanks Tony. What is the update on your tank?

Thanks Tony. What is the update on your tank?

haha I have been slacking for sure.  I should have some time over the next week or so to bust out the camera and take some pics.

Dip, looks fantastic. looks like you need to get a bigger tank soon though ;)  how is the fat head dendro colony from macna doing? 

Thanks Roni. The dendro colony is still there but I have what looks like a stone crab and he keeps moving the dendro colony around. 

haha I have been slacking for sure.  I should have some time over the next week or so to bust out the camera and take some pics.

Looking forward to seeing the latest pics.

Man you have some nice staghorns growing in there! Beautiful, we need more :)

Thanks! I will post some more pics this week if possible

• 1 year later...

Hey Dip! Are you still around?! Is this tank still setup and looking fantastic?!

Hey Dip! Are you still around?! Is this tank still setup and looking fantastic?!

Hey Issac,

I am still around but just a little busy with different things going on in life which has kept me away from WAMAS. The tank is still doing great as far as I am concerned and here are some of pics I took in January and also FTS i just took with my phone.

IMG_5116.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

Fantastic, as always. Great FTS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic, as always. Great FTS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!