Clownfish behavior question

Newfishgirl

I have a new to me tomato clown pair. The clowns themselves are several years old. The tank they are in is about a month old with new sand but a live rock that their anemone is on so that's old. Everything has been fine except for the occasional lovers spat.

Last night when I went to feed them, the male is swimming on his side, upside down and then right side up all over the tank. He is not floating to the top of the water so I am not thinking swim bladder.

I did a 3 gallon water change, it's a 10 gallon tank and there is no change in him. The female is fine and acting normal and the Nem looks fine as well.

Any ideas? Can't check the parameters of the water right now but when I checked Sunday everything was 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy in that BB post mentioned Gerber baby food. I'm not sure why they would eat that but who knows, mine sometimes bite at anything that hits the water...

Well the little man is dead . I checked and ammonia, nitrate, nitrite and phosphate are zero and the Ph is 8.2. I have no idea what happened and now she isn't eating.

Should I wait to see how she does or get her a new mate right away? I was thinking about getting a juvenile tomato tomorrow.

Now the female is not eating and is just hosting like crazy in the Nem like she can't get enough of it. Any ideas to what's going on?

I'm stumped. Mine sometimes spend long periods of time in the anemone so that might not mean anything. I would wait a couple days before adding another fish to make sure something isn't going on. If the clown seems normal again then maybe get her a mate.

The female jumped out of the tank twice and the last time I wasn't home :(. But I got two baby clowns with some cool markings, one has a white spot in the middle of a black line and the other has black spots, so hopefully the offspring will have amazing markings!

Have you made changes to prevent future fish from jumping? A screen or hood is a must over tank to keep fish in.

I have a hood over the tank. She got out where the filter hole is.