2015 Evergrow it2080Ws

ReeferMadness

sweet! just got home from picking up my new it2080w's. Also picked up a custom sump which i will be turning into a gravity fed refugium/thingy

Guess ill be busy tonight :) try to shoot some vids and stuff. never did a "unboxing" before.. lol

No you won't! Not with t5 and your 2080. Awesome tank btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did u buy two and try to controll both together. U can't control one light. . The remote sends out a universal signal. What I think is happening is the remote and lights don't know what setting they are on. Don't know why.

Can't turn light two off or on. Light will only run either 100% blue or 100% both even when dimming. Moonlights stopped working after 20 mins of use.

I'm very dissapointed in the lights and quality control of the lights. But then again my experience might be diff although for $500 retail per light.. you'd expect a little more compitence from the manufactuerrrs. Same with the gyre $300 pump .. overpriced boxed toys selling for commercial grade prices.

One week plus later and still no fix from evergrow or offer of refund or replacement from the vendor. Not good.

Thanks evergrow screwed me over during Xmas with faulty light and no rolling into my bday with my tank looking like *&#@. Yah!!!,

One week plus later and still no fix from evergrow or offer of refund or replacement from the vendor. Not good.

Thanks evergrow screwed me over during Xmas with faulty light and no rolling into my bday with my tank looking like *@. Yah!!!,

hi z, thanks for your patience as we work diligently to resolve your predicament. You requested a fix and as such we made your requests known to the manufacturer and as I told you they were able to discover what it is and will be sending detailed instructions and photos and any parts necessary and I to you or course free of charge. If you have now decided you would now like a refund or replacement I'd be happy to oblige. You got brand new lights to market as of a couple weeks ago as you know, the it2080W. unfortunately there are glitches sometimes despite their testing. As I mentioned to you in PM, I've done nightly Skype calls with evergrow to escalate the issue and have found the solution. I keep pushing for a faster turn over on parts and instructions and they will arrive as soon as evergrow is 100%. Like I offered to you before, if there is anything else I can do to assist further please let me know via our PM conversation and we of course will be happy to do everything we can.

IMO ERC should work with you to stand behind this.

hi Anthony, that goes without saying and we of course always stand behind everything we sell and sometimes even things we don't helping local reefers with purchases from other folks. Unfortunately our efforts in this transaction have not been conveyed until my post above. I apologize as perhaps we should have replied sooner to this public post but yes of course we have been making sure to take care of our customer z as best we can.

hi Anthony, that goes without saying and we of course always stand behind everything we sell and sometimes even things we don't helping local reefers with purchases from other folks. Unfortunately our efforts in this transaction have not been conveyed until my post above. I apologize as perhaps we should have replied sooner to this public post but yes of course we have been making sure to take care of our customer z as best we can.

That's awesome and a great relief on behalf to hear. If I recall you kind of spearheaded taking over the group buys for the evergrow through the club, and it's great to hear you're making it really easy to resolve these problems for us. It's such a relief to have a vendor that's more a part of our club that isn't just about making the money on the sale, that the service and support after is most important. It goes without saying that it goes a long long way for future purchases. Kudos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not gonna get long winded about this topic. But two things

1) thanks for the responses and working on the issue. I'm not gonna say appreciate it because honestly I expect a 100% functional product. I expect superiror level of service from erc. And yes I have received the later in vendor services but would rather just have a working product.

2) very simply when u put ur brand on the line through a foreign manufacturer then consider doing internal testing on the product. It'll only help u in the long run. But ur a great vendor already so please take with a grain of salt.

Thanks again for ur help in this matter. And yes this does raise some eyebrows on the quality of the new evergrow w series light. For one they have no onboard controls. U can't control different lights seperatly. One remote will overide all fixtures. If u loose ur remote or it breaks ur screwed. Why would evergrow shoot themselves in the foot with this hindsite.

I think you're right on your points. It's expected.

If I remember, wasn't monkiboy initially offering a 3-year warranty? I've been out of the game for awhile so I don't remember.

Either way, keep us posted on how your return process goes and how quickly ERC facilitates getting you what you need. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we've seen some dual light controller issues on the two lights we just bought.  please post the fixes, new instructions when they come available.

thx

(edited)

we've seen some dual light controller issues on the two lights we just bought.  please post the fixes, new instructions when they come available.

thx

ive documented with videos the problems straight out of the box. Evergrow did reply back and say they found the problem and it turned out to be the programming on the board itself. Not good. Since you can't apply any firmware updates to this product the entire board has to be replaced. Waiting on replacement parts now.

Ill shoot a video on the fix in steps.

To stop both controllers from firing - set one of them to 0 and the other 1 or etc.. that way the second remote becomes dead.

If both of your lights are not firing in sync or stop syncing when changing settings. then apply your settings till you see them in light 1 and then hit ok. then hit menu again once or twice more to have the other light sync up with the change. the second light falls behind when making changes and then gets stuck.

Edited by ReeferMadness

2) very simply when u put ur brand on the line through a foreign manufacturer then consider doing internal testing on the product. It'll only help u in the long run. But ur a great vendor already so please take with a grain of salt.

I'm glad that this looks like it's being worked. I've found Marco to be unrelenting when he's focused on something - like getting a good deal for members here. That's a good thing because he's likely get satisfaction from Evergrow where they may not even bother to give you the time of day had you tried to work with them directly. That's really worth something, I think.

I'm kind of curious, though, about the statement that I've quoted above. To the best of my knowledge, ERC does't put their brand on the light - they're a reseller. Or did I miss something?

And... good luck on getting that light fixed. What a disappointment that must be to have something act up right out of the box. If it's a design flaw, it can cause Evergrow to lose some hard-earned consumer trust.

Still waiting on parts

It would probably be beneficial if you just posted up when the parts came in. From my understanding, they ship from overseas.