5g pico

Amuze

Started one a couple months ago. I like it so far. Added a Nanobox Mini Tide today and love it. Dave at Nanobox is super awesome to deal with. Next will be a minijet 606 to replace the return along with a spinstream to delete the powerhead. Blurry phone pic... :-p

post-2631579-0-46019500-1419635544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Amuze

Hooray for another Spec V! 

Folks over at Nano-Reef.com say the Spinstream cuts down on flow too much, even with a MJ 606, just FYI. If you do try it, please let me know how you like it, since I've been trying to find a non-powerhead way to randomize flow a bit.

Looking good, the rockwork looks better spread out. How are you liking the Koralia in there? Do you have it on a controller or anything to modify the flow?

(edited)

Thanks. :) Koralia's are junk. It's only temporary and not investing anything into the powerhead except for replacing it. The goal for this system is to be a low key mini version of a previous tank. ;) We shall see.

Edited by Amuze

Koralia's are junk

Couldn't be a truer statement.

I teeter on the edge of setting up a pico that I would try to be hands off with, but knowing me, I'd end up hands on.

are those lights standard or did you mod them?

I just picked up a 3.7 gal from petco, I think it's a petco brand for a Beta, I was thinking of getting another one for my office but I think I would need to upgrade the LED's.

by the time I do that I could probably buy a spec V if those are the standard lights

Couldn't be a truer statement.

I teeter on the edge of setting up a pico that I would try to be hands off with, but knowing me, I'd end up hands on.

Do it. They are fun. :)

what are you using for temperature and topoff?

Just a heater and i manually top it off a couple times a week. Doesn't evaporate much.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

A few more Nat. Geo. worthy phone pics...

FruitLoopsPurpleHaze_zps545ad09e.jpg

EagleEyes_zpsfa69b4bd.jpg

RainbowGolds_zps23e14be7.jpg

RPEs_zpsa6a85ad0.jpg

Hammer_zpscef96fe8.jpg

PurpleTorch_zps2da5db9e.jpg

Edited by Amuze

Thanks. You may be the only one who thinks so. Lol. S4 mini, but I'm using an app called photowonder to get closer shots with it. They come out pixilated, but it's a phone so not much else can be done.

FR1Various_zpsd5bb5fec.jpg

zamppvarious_zps0b902f44.jpg

Thanks. You may be the only one who thinks so. Lol. S4 mini, but I'm using an app called photowonder to get closer shots with it. They come out pixilated, but it's a phone so not much else can be done.

Yeah, there's only so much a phone can do. I'm just impressed that you're getting true color out of it. My iPhone 4 soaks up the blues and makes for frustrating pictures.

Hardest for me is to bring the yellows out more. The LA Lakers and Fruit Loops should show a lot more yellow.