Here we go! Chuck's new build

flooddc

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Thanks for dropping in Paul.

Tanks are still up and running. Occasionally loss a thing or two, but I came to accept the fact that nothing I can do about it. Overall, everything is ok in my book. I’ll get a video or pictures once I get a chance as personal life has been hectic.

• 3 months later...

My system is now officially over 500 gallons in total volume! :happy: 

Bought this  60G cube a few years ago and finally got to put it into use.

Decided to put it behind the anemone tank and utilize for frags/grow out as well as house my female tomato clownfish. Planned on putting the male fire clownfish in once able to catch it.

49701283797_3f8b8b26c3_c.jpgIMG_9908 by Chuck, on Flickr

49701283727_ca830216d2_c.jpgIMG_9910 by Chuck, on Flickr

49701283712_b6b0dfae8d_c.jpgIMG_9913 by Chuck, on Flickr

Looking good, Chuck! You working on social distancing getting some projects done

How’s the pond?

(edited)
42 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

Looking good, Chuck! You working on social distancing getting some projects done emoji38.png

How’s the pond?

Thanks! 

Nah, the Mrs.has been pushing me to clean up the basement :laugh:

I was doing hand paint the basement ceiling since last summer since I was afraid of getting paints onto my system. I gave up after 2 weeks as it was getting no where.Those bare compressed plywood is not easy to paint along with nails/staples from the upstairs hardwood flooring making it impossible paint with a roller. Finally got around and seal off the tank area and bought a quality spray gun and finished spaying it in two days.  

As for the pond, restart the water fall 2 weeks ago, but then got issue with my well's water. Keep losing water pressure in the house and could't get my plumber to come out as he was sick. and then one day, it's totally stopped. NO WATER!!! man that was rough!!!

Well's pump died. plumber still out sick. Found a local well's company to come out to replace new pump. Still have that worry in the back of my mind about the water situation, hopefully it will go away as things moving along. Will need to reinstall the pond's UV and filter and top-off when the weather warms up a bit later this week.

Edited by flooddc

10 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

We will all have to go trident!

Lol! Had to look that up. I am way behind with tech. Getting to the age where I am no longer interested or care to follow new technologies.

• 3 weeks later...

A little more progress with around the fish room. Decided and "approved" to go with "aqua"color for the walls :biggrin: 

49781776117_7dd271dc16_c.jpgIMG_9998 by Chuck, on Flickr

49781776232_17bc428f8e_c.jpgIMG_9997 by Chuck, on Flickr

49781446141_dee24b44d5_c.jpgIMG_9996 by Chuck, on Flickr

Added a second exhaust fan in the fish room and the humidity is maintained around 50% :clap:

49781776042_89ec56a107_c.jpgIMG_9999 by Chuck, on Flickr49780906673_77524bd07a_c.jpgIMG_0001 by Chuck, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Tank room/area is looking good! You're inspiring me to move a little quicker on my end!

1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

Tank room/area is looking good! You're inspiring me to move a little quicker on my end!

Thanks! some motivations and LOTS AND LOTS of nagging will make things move a bit quicker :tongue:

Almost 6 years and finally a cleaned basement. Hopefully we'll able to keep it neat and clean. :wig:

49830383916_ccede0c7d8_z.jpgIMG_0054 by Chuck, on Flickr

49830692197_1e3ed37aba_z.jpgIMG_0051 by Chuck, on Flickr