Here we go! Chuck's new build

flooddc

I appreciate tangs and wrasses, but I love a nice, fat foxface. They're the unsung heroes of the hobby. Rarely hear about them being aggressive or territorial, they eat bubble and hair algae, produce less waste than a tang, and look super goofy. Lots of love for your tanks and nems in this thread, but I felt the need to shoutout the lovely foxface. Awesome tank. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate tangs and wrasses, but I love a nice, fat foxface. They're the unsung heroes of the hobby. Rarely hear about them being aggressive or territorial, they eat bubble and hair algae, produce less waste than a tang, and look super goofy. Lots of love for your tanks and nems in this thread, but I felt the need to shoutout the lovely foxface. Awesome tank.

Yes, they are awesome fish. Got my foxface a while back from another member that breakdown his tank. It’s the biggest one in my tank so very hard to miss .

Got a new resident for the tank. I was very worry of the yellow tang when I introduced the new smaller purple tang last night. 

I know the yellow tang will be super aggressive toward the new tang. As suspected, it went nut but not attacking. I shut off all the lights to let the new fish adjust to its new home. Today, the tank is a bit calmer and the yellow tang also much less aggressive toward the new resident. Surprisingly, the one fish that I never thought would have any aggression is the hippo tang. It's has always been a good tank mate. Today, it's attacked the new fish during feeding and occasionally chase the new fish. The most noticeable fish is the yellow damsel. Constantly, harassing the new fish. Might have to sump it if it continue to harass the tang!  

Day 4 of the new addition. 

All the tangs are almost in harmony and eating each other waste :) 

Once in a while the blue and yellow tangs would  keep the new guy in check I suppose they are only trying to reassure that their pecking order. 

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Had an extremely rough past month. I ALMOST made an unthinkable decision to tear down the tank and leave the hobby. After seeking help and took a 2 weeks vacation at home, I am feeling much better and continues to get back on track.

So glad I didn't went through with it :)

Purple tang has settling in very well 

44482473015_c3ae453a7a_z.jpgPurple tang and anemones by t@#$%c, on Flickr

44482472715_4c8c3c59b7_z.jpgPurple tang and anemones by t@#$%c, on Flickr

My GSP polyps has been shorten for some reason and not fully extend like they used too. Maybe not enough nutrient?

44482473035_4a08271005_z.jpgPurple tang and anemones by t@#$%c, on Flickr

Edited by flooddc

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, DFR said:

:thumbsup: love the new look! The dolphin and crab were nice touches.

Thanks David!

I need a few more. Has been searching for octopus, shark, starfish and couple of fish at local stores with no luck.  

Chuck, the frags I got look amazing!  Could you help me out with what is this:

WhatIsThis.JPG.f978cbc02e6eecea1eaa8030047a0fe4.JPG

It's beautiful.  Right now I have the frag set in between some rocks near the bottom of my tank to keep it out of the strong current.  Should I move it up to get more light and what is the best way to secure it in my tank?  Do you recommend some JB Water Weld or super glue?

Thanks again and beautiful tank.

5 minutes ago, rdavidw said:

Chuck, the frags I got look amazing!  Could you help me out with what is this:

WhatIsThis.JPG.f978cbc02e6eecea1eaa8030047a0fe4.JPG

It's beautiful.  Right now I have the frag set in between some rocks near the bottom of my tank to keep it out of the strong current.  Should I move it up to get more light and what is the best way to secure it in my tank?  Do you recommend some JB Water Weld or super glue?

Thanks again and beautiful tank.

It’s red montipora. My is in low-medium flow. You can place it in any part of the tank. I have some growing in the bottom of my tank. You can use “gel”super glue to mount it to the rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Last evening, I drop of my kid off for her activity and have close to 2 hrs to killed. 

Browse around and finally stop in to Petco. 

Saw this little guy, at first I thought it was a giant majano, but upon taking a closeup shot, it realized it's some kind of acid rain BTA.

33860896188_35b73762e6.jpgPetco’s anemone by t@#$%c, on Flickr

Pickup my kid and return and purchase it.

46948648514_f4aa47b509.jpgPetco’s anemone by t@#$%c, on Flickr

Nice deal, Chuck. That's going to be a wicked looking anemone once it gets a little bigger. Another Petco steal!

1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

Nice deal, Chuck. That's going to be a wicked looking anemone once it gets a little bigger. Another Petco steal!

Thanks!

the young lady there was easy to deal with so I was able to get her to take it with the rock instead of yanking it off its rock.

2 minutes ago, flooddc said:

Thanks!

the young lady there was easy to deal with so I was able to get her to take it with the rock instead of yanking it off its rock.

I'll take this opportunity to get put down for a split, lol!