Here we go! Chuck's new build

flooddc

Hi all!  

Been busy outside pulling weeds :laugh:!!

Caught this little guy off the Florida's Clearwater back in June! Thought it was a puffer at first but look like some kind of cowfish. cute little guy, but we let it back into the ocean after some photo shots! 

5DE0CE92-B9DA-4124-8CFA-72EE20FC24C6_zps

44FDEC65-3336-4EF8-BA54-CCE207A80BF2_zps

Tanks update:

not much changes in the last few months. Loss a few colonies and frags and very little growth, but over all not too bad. Maybe need new lighting/My 4+ years old LED maybe going south! 

6D6AC4EB-69EC-4F6E-A49A-51FB59945D88_zps

6C3F9C28-47DE-4ECD-ADF4-C575AF7394F4_zps

FAC2EFCF-515B-4DDE-A278-377BE6B4D4CF_zps

Edited by flooddc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
(edited)

The past year had been crazy with personal life. I was not too active with reefing stuff but remained committed to reefing. Darn Photobucket! Can't see my photos any more. Anyway, I am back!

Here is a video of my tank, was so busy that my whole basement project stalled and nothing was has move since last year. Hopefully can get something going soon. Meanwhile enjoy. Happy New Year!

Edited by flooddc

Looking good, Chuck. I just don't think you have enough anemones though. 

(edited)

Looking good, Chuck. I just don't think you have enough anemones though.

Me too. I’ve been thinking about adding a few more of different variety of BTA. Edited by flooddc

Looks great, those lemon chromis(?) Or damsels are awesome looking

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yelllow damsels. One of them is a biter. attack my hand almost every time I aquascape or mounting frags her den.

• 1 month later...

Trap is set! It's the third day...

39848096334_030752b8c9_z.jpgTrap by t@#$%c, on Flickr

trying to catch this guy/gal! Normally its only chase after the other chromis and it's not the most aggressive fish in there. It's afraid of the tomato clowns and yellow damsel and even the PJs. But for some reason he/she has recently attacking the sailfin tang. 

39663446905_d0260872e4_z.jpgTrap by t@#$%c, on Flickr

• 5 weeks later...

After I loss the female 6-line wrasse. I've decided to find a replacement 6-line for the widower wrasse.

However, I stumbled on an orchid dottyback @ petco and after a few weeks of observing it, I decided to give her a home. She has been hidding for over a week after released into the tank and finally come out to play.

Couldn't get a good video of the true color, but it will do for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you!

Trying to add more colors such as green, purple monti and blue acros but for some reason they don't survive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing this tank the other day makes me want to tear my crap down and start over.

haha!

"the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" 

I wish I could get some of the coral to grow faster like yours. About 1/4 of mine coral in my tank grow very well, but the one that I like to grow a bit faster doesn't budge.

Seeing this tank the other day makes me want to tear my crap down and start over.

hahahah I had a similar thought when I came back to see my tank full of brown algae LOL

I loved watching two videos at once.  Made me so jealous!!!!

Glad you enjoy them. Thanks

hahahah I had a similar thought when I came back to see my tank full of brown algae LOL

your tank is new. You'll eventually get there. There will be much more variety of algae than just brown algae LOL

The anemones do look different compared with the one I bought from you. The one in my tank is getting bigger every day and I pray that she stays put. 

The anemones do look different compared with the one I bought from you. The one in my tank is getting bigger every day and I pray that she stays put. 

The one you see in the latest video in the center is a flame tip. The one you got from me is a rainbow, it's a clone of one of the other anemones in the back of the tank. Anemone will look different from tank to tank as well as different lighting. growing and healthy is a good sign. Hopefully it doesn't move. I loss a few to powerheads when they released from the rock trying to move. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new resident for the tank. I was very worry of the yellow tang when I introduced the new smaller purple tang last night. 

I know the yellow tang will be super aggressive toward the new tang. As suspected, it went nut but not attacking. I shut off all the lights to let the new fish adjust to its new home. Today, the tank is a bit calmer and the yellow tang also much less aggressive toward the new resident. Surprisingly, the one fish that I never thought would have any aggression is the hippo tang. It's has always been a good tank mate. Today, it's attacked the new fish during feeding and occasionally chase the new fish. The most noticeable fish is the yellow damsel. Constantly, harassing the new fish. Might have to sump it if it continue to harass the tang!  

I've only done a 150 with a purple tang and a yellow. They eventually cohabitated. I think it's a crapshoot. Tanks looking great though!