Here we go! Chuck's new build

flooddc

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but thats still a lot of fish in there.

:laugh:  only 30 fish and 6 inverts. 3 fish will grow bigger (hippo, sailfine and yellow tang) and the rest will stay pretty much the same size.

hmm! have room for a few more :happy:

I've been crazy busy selling my house and looking for a new one. Plus I've tried to avoid looking on wamas so I don't get too sad about not having a tank. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been crazy busy selling my house and looking for a new one. Plus I've tried to avoid looking on wamas so I don't get too sad about not having a tank. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup! really stressful. good to hear from you. lmk when you settled.

Bottom of tanks is finally covered. I know...I know...it's in backward! Backward on purpose.

I've planned on making it semi-removable in case I should ever need access to the front.

D64AC7A3-E4B1-412C-85E7-28C9B8628DC6_zps

• 2 weeks later...

They certainly don't produce pine paneling like they used to.

I still have my old paneling doors that were used on my previous tanks. These were made 10+ years ago.

So, I decided to re-use them for my new tanks. They are a bit short in height so I purchased 2 new pieces to extend the old ones.

Huge different in quality. The old one are much heavier and harder. Oh well, at least they still matched the old one.

EAE31F28-28FA-4B7F-9308-5FD70BAFEB02_zps

60FB6F0A-89CF-4056-8AA6-0BEB8903D822_zps

• 4 weeks later...

Got a copperband 2 weeks ago from a member. I was told that it only eat pe mysis.

Well, a few days ago, it started to eat my home made blend of fish food that has to be thaw. Today, I decided to try the whole frozen cube and it was all over it  :clap:

Now! I got to find a way to train it to eat aiptasia and mojano... :happy:

A639A995-B2AD-47A3-9E6E-FB7D928BBD80_zps

1026711D-7637-459E-8876-B0E0003CECD7_zps

Looks great, Chuck. One of my favorite fish. Keep note that it may have liked the mysis because it was easy to get into it's "beak." When I was keeping track of my copperband, it got to the stage of beating out all the tangs down the tank for a huge chunk of LRS, and would eat from my fingers with the rest of the fish. It took a while (we were touch and go for a week of me not actually seeing it eat) and then about two weeks in he started going nuts for the aiptasia once he started eating. Also all my feather dusters, luckily I never saw it have a go at any zoanthids.

Thanks Isacc,

I saw it ate a majano or something the first few days. Then nothing else, except nipping on LR for pods.

I noticed it bother my acans. They are not as open as they used to. Hopefully, it well fed and don't bother my corals.

• 3 weeks later...

Loss a red dragon and tubb stellata mini colonies over the past few weeks. I suspected alk swing!

So my reefing buddy Cliff Puckstable  hooked me up with a few nice mini colonies and frag  :happy:

F6C6AD04-9F56-49C0-8006-3E7666CB572E_zps

BB201E5E-A5D9-4EDB-BDD2-2A9474EB6679_zps

Austera

5BD1D7A0-D000-4618-AAC4-CD686C2D2F48_zps

• 2 weeks later...