EMERGENCY

Caribbean Jake

My SUmp pump broke, need to replace it before travelling tomorrow. Anyone has one I can borrow? Will Johnny at BRK be available for a emergency pick up ?

anyone knows where I may find one on Sunday night?

Jacob

My SUmp pump broke, need to replace it before travelling tomorrow.  Anyone has one I can borrow?  Will Johnny at BRK be available for a emergency pick up ?

anyone knows where I may find one on Sunday night?

Jacob

55139[/snapback]

I have a Mag7 you could use. I also have spare impellers for them. How long are you gone for? I am in process of a waterchange and this is my waterchange pump...

s

Jake, I think about the only thing I have that would fit what you needed is a Eheim 1260 (900GPH). I can meet you at the shop around 7:30.

Would that work for you ?

Byron

Guest Kragon

maq 4 (1080 gal) in Falls Church... ready anytime you need it.

Ryan

thank you all

I am working to see if I can fix this pump, seems like a lot of CA/Kalk has deposited inside the impeller stoping the opertaion. yes, it is call lack of maintenance... I will work through the night without circulation through the pump and only the power heads in the tank. I will follow up tomorrow morning to see if I still need one. Thank you all... I greatly appreciate it.

Jacob

thank you all

I am working to see if I can fix this pump, seems like a lot of CA/Kalk has deposited inside the impeller stoping the opertaion.  yes, it is call lack of maintenance...  I will work through the night without circulation through the pump and only the power heads in the tank.  I will follow up tomorrow morning to see if I still need one.  Thank you all... I greatly appreciate it.

Jacob

55148[/snapback]

Jake, I will glady meet you at the shop tonight, dont risk it. I can get you a loaner or a new one. email me john@blueribbonkoi.com that will come right to my blackberry.

John

Why the sump pump broke ?

well, simply put... lack of maintenance. I am travelling for the last 2 month and unable to maintain the system. My wife just tops off the water and feed the fish, dumps the skimmer gunk, and keeps an eye for leaks... that's about it. I can not ask her for more, but I felt behind on maintenance and here we go... another pump going bad.

Hint: clean up your pumps, power head and all other mechanical items.

Jacob

Jacob,

Still have the MAG7 for sale FWIW.

For maintenance though, take the pump and put into a 5g bucket 1/2 full of water and about a 1/2g of vinegar! Run for about a 1/2 hr and will be as good as new with the lid on.

Just $50.00

Only a cut cord and broken impeller, otherwise works great for a door stop! :D

Call before you come, I'm usually been at the house from 6:30-7 and then after that not sure?

Ok. got it fixed. I found out that the impeller on my old sump pump had a shield cover over the rotor impeller which was cracked and this will deter the impeller from rotating. I got a motor with a ball valve and got it running again. The flow now is greater than before so I have to make several adjustments to the 125G

OK, now to my 55G, and clean up the sump motor cause I don't want this happen again for lack of maintenance.

Thank you all for offering, for assisting me, for lending me a hand. I appologize to all whom offered and didn't get back to you on time. You know I was busy fixing this one and getting parts on others. I really appreciate your help and support. Can't make it without WAMAS.. :D