seahorse conservancy farm

hi everyone, allmost done remodeling our little farm, should have some for sale in 8 weeks the first batch is only 2" long and I wont sell them small, pet stores that sell small one are bad people, they get killed in filters or die for other reasons, this seahorse "Lady Gaga" and another we call "David Bowie" made the cut this is the new look for us, they are both 2-1/4" long and doing good

lady gaga 3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some more photos from this weekend, let me say a few things, first all these horses will be the same price, I'm only interested in the ones i keep, next they are easy to breed, I will be your'e friend and help you turn 2 into 20 and then you will have lots, raising 100 babies a month is not easy, that's what I do, here are a few more photos, we all are waiting for that 1 in a thousand, million, trillion, I will breed these rock stars and hope for the best

gaga face

All alone

All alone 2

but maybe it will be you, its all luck

Those are all great looking ponies, Walt. All of the ones above require pretty different requirements than most of the reef tanks we keep, correct?

What kind of setup/feeding do you use the raise them? Couple of years ago I had a pair that were breeding every two weeks like clock work. I only managed to raise a very small handful to adulthood. I was using a 20G at the time to try and raise them but my largest issue was my mortality rate in the first 2-3 weeks. Any that I managed to get past a month generally lived but getting them there was a massive challenge. I often wonder if I was feeding enough as I there was a large portion of the day when my wife and I were at work that I was unable to feed.

The male that was breeding unfortunately died in a freak rock fall incident after a few months of breeding and none of my others have shown true interest but I am fine with that since dealing with babies every two weeks began to get to be a bit much. Having said that though, it's a challenge and should my current seahorses start breeding again I think I'd give it another go.

most breeders don't do it my way, i am a green water nut, so my tanks are all connected together so the little ones never leave the water they are born in, once i put everything , food new borns in a 90 gallon tank in a window, the result was 300+ fish 2" then it crashed and only one survived, he is breeding now, i am not a writer so will make a video, but its easy and a joy, they are little people, i cleaned up this photo on photo shop both seahorses have the same parent, the big one still looks like this there sre 8 but in the sun orange in a dark tank now in the weeds, together vitamins extra food growing fast but that seems to be important ,ill make a video

2 fish

no they are not in need of special water , if coral stings your'e hand don't mix with my horses but with tropical ones, barbed or tigers, my horses go to 78 degrees but i keep them at 66 degrees because i now have big bellies and hope to breed them, at 5 months they are bigger then erectus and might breed in a few months, they get big 14" i am so worried that something will happen to them, im only going to keep 6 out of the 200+ horses i have but something can all

cute

ways go wrong

seahorse sourse has lots of redies but they are not for beginners, that guy is the world expert, has wow i had some but had to give them up they are tropical my tanks are too cold

Hippocampus reidi

no photo shop they are the most colorfull on earth this one came from seahorse sourse, like i said this guy is the only breeder recognised in euorope from usa he sent me the big bellies and tells me how to breed them he is the seahorse god, i cant spell

another silly video, a learning video takes time, will do, esp. 3d make a tank lesson, the old people can do it, this well my indian friends drive me cracy but i keep them, prefer jews, its a jokehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVdwHvDBpg&list=UU894ZquQgHSUUHMJBepJ5UA

im going to send you something to read from Dan, its a must read, i can only keep 100 seahorses in the holding tank 2x ayear, so mom will not let me cull, she is 85 but sharp, she will know, then Brooke and Brittney dont want me realising them in the bay, for the record i have never done that, what nonsence, so my friend Jakie, took more then a dozen seahorses i dont want, she has the yellowest seahorses i have ever seen , she purchased the parents from me , and now im into big hair , i gave her a big hair, as in Richmound yesturday, allmost a non profit, 

this video is great

i have an account with fed ex , but i don't want to sell them for 6 more weeks because they are only 2" long they are eating frozen food so i sold about 15 to 3 people but i know them and they have special tanks with nets or undergravel filters so the little ones wont get sucked into filters, i would rather wait , late january or  febuary

no its 2, started out as 2 tubes connecting in the center one worm facing right the the pother facing left, then 2 heads came out one tube look again you can see 2 circles and mouths, they have been shooting something into the water early mornings now it looks like they are constructing a tube # 3, 1- 1 /4" from the end, I don't know what is going on but it is funny, just stop the video and look close,  I give them baby brine 3 times a day, hey I'm a seahorse guy not a worm guy so i ask this, since they are so happy at 65 degrees are we all buying the european tube worm that can go from freezing to 80 degrees and is invading even south Australia? Is there a worm person? 

oh rob Im still not happy with my water, changing 150 gallons a week adding more bioballs and ultraviole, skimmers working great, maybe ill do 100 gallons wet dry then more ultraviolets , do i have to do Ozone ? ill wait on that and try everything else, seahorses poop alot, letting the macro grow out like last year might help, the horses like it but it cuts down water flow across the bottom, man its frustrating but fun

starting a mysis farm, made 2 bio filters that wont hurt the shrimp and there babies, the tank on the right is to put the babie shrimp in, thinking seahorses living on brine for the first 10 weeks has got to be bad, it will take 10 - ten gallon tanks to make 2000 shrimp a week, so ordering 5000 live shrimp tonight, my xmas present

mysis hotel

A New sump filter

Aa1

• 2 weeks later...

i was hoping for 10 members today, our first day open for members, linked to wamas, rob is trying he is on but not editing his profile, "rob we need you"http://www.seahorseconservancy.org/register-2/ added a light backround today thr horses responding in a positive way

backround 2

back board 1

last week my waterman friend pulled up the bigist seahorse anyone has ever seen, a female! bigger then my oldist male, but after keeping it a week his grand daughter wanted kit horse returned to the river so he put it back , I wanted it but sophia is 3.5 yers old, the video is going to be posted in a few days , horses come up on crab pots often but never this big

Big Red 2

this was cute, "morning" Hannah was sleeping with her own children, 100 of the and another 50 to 75 go in next week, keeping the tank clean is crazy daily water change and cleanings.

morning

calfornia Nudibranch

the red sponge means we can keep Nudibranch its just a dream but dreams come true. hum spelling better this time http://www.seahorseconservancy.org/